AFHCO Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AFHCO
Afhco (African Housing Company), formed in 1996, is one of the top developers and investors in affordable housing and commercial property within the Johannesburg inner-city. In 2014, the Afhco Group was acquired by SA Corporate Retail – a JSE-listed Real Estate Investment Trust. The power duo, the Afhco Group and SACORP are constantly developing and acquiring buildings.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
AFHCO are giving away R50 000 in the form of an educational bursary, for students to pursue their studies at the University of Johannesburg or the University of the Witwatersrand. The bursary will fund ANY field of study that is at least 12 months long as is aligned to SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) standards (students may check if their qualification meets standards here: https://regqs.saqa.org.za/).
Please note the following important details/ T&C’s of the bursary:
- The R50 000 bursary award will be paid directly to either the University of Johannesburg or the University of the Witwatersrand, and student accommodation will be shown as paid.
- Winners will be selected at random by a random system selector – this will be overseen and verified by AFHCO’s internal and external Auditors, as well as an internal or external Attorney.
- Winners will be announced by 22 March 2021 at the latest – via email and on the AFHCO online platform.
- Winners must accept the prize within 7 days of email receipt notification – if they fail to claim it during this time frame, the prize will be forfeited.
- Winners will be required to provide proof of identity – with a valid ID book or passport and proof of residence.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
- Winners must provide proof that they are an AFHCO tenant or dependent of an AFHCO tenant.
- When entering this competition, applicants are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the competition, which may be subject to change at any time.
- AFHCO’s decision regarding winner selection or any other issue will be final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applicants consent to having their full name and photograph be published in the media for promotional purposes, should they win the competition.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Are juristic persons (ie not a company/ organisation)
- Studying or intend on studying towards a qualification that is at least 12 months long, in ANY field of study
- Studying or intend on studying towards a qualification that aligned to SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) standards (students may check if their qualification meets standards here: https://regqs.saqa.org.za/)
- Studying or intend on studying at the University of Johannesburg or the University of the Witwatersrand
- Have read and agreed to all of the T&C’s above
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the AFHCO Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can be collected from the AFHCO Head Office or applications can be submitted on the Sowetan Live platform.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final report AND Grade 12 latest report, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric NSC certificate and results statement, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic results, if currently studying at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Motivational letter, explaining: why you need the bursary and how you would fund your studies if you do not receive a bursary
- Testimonial letter from a teacher/ principal/ lecturer or dean (on institutes letterhead)
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “AFHCO Bursary Application” in the email subject line to ensure that your application is received).
12 March 2021 (at 17:00)
(Entries open on 8 February 2021 at 8:00)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact AFHCO directly:
Tel: 086 112 3426