Knysna Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY
Knysna Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Knysna Municipality is situated in the middle of the Garden Route, known to locals as the gem of the Garden Route. Knysna is located within the southern region of the Western Cape province, between the Outeniqua Mountains and the Indian Ocean. The Municipality includes the areas of Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Karatara, Noetzie, Rheenendal and Sedgefield.
The Knysna Municipality is one of seven municipalities within the Garden Route district. It is a Category B municipality is made up of 11 wards, and has a population of just over 70 000 residents.
ABOUT THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Knysna Municipality is inviting students to apply for the Mayoral Bursary Fund, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students who reside within the Knysna Municipal District (Western Cape), for studies within scarce skills areas, including Engineering and Science.
MORE ABOUT THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees (partial cover), book allowance (up to a certain amount), examination fee, accommodation (if students can prove they need it). Awards will be paid directly to tertiary institutions.
Bursaries are awarded based on merit and financial need.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 months of the closing date – if you have not received any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Knysna Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Greater Knysna Municipal Area, in the Western Cape province
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification within a scarce skills sector, in 2024
- You must studying or intend on studying at a SAQA accredited tertiary or TVET institution in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students in financial need and those from historically disadvantaged communities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Knysna Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Knysna Municipality.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and cover letter
- Matric latest results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent College/ University or tertiary results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution, for the 2024 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension advice if on pension, proof of grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Proof of residence
- Institutions banking details (on institutions letterhead)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
P.O. Box 21
– Hand delivery:
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
9 February 2024 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Knysna Municipality directly:
Contact person: Ms Buziwe Mjamba
Tel: 044 302 6386
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here