Armscor Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – ARMSCOR
Armscor Bursary South Africa 2024 | Armaments Corporation of South Africa (known as ARMSCOR) was established in 1968 as an arms production company. Today, Armscor are the South African Department of Defence’s (DOD) arms procurement agency.
Not only does Armscor provide services to the DOD, but they also service the South African Government and other stakeholders across Africa.
ABOUT THE ARMSCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Armscor, partnered with the Defence industry, is inviting inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in fields that align with the future needs of the defence industry. Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies within the following fields:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Chemistry and Physics
- Computer Science
- Electronics / Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Human Kinetics & Ergonomics Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Naval/ Marine Engineering
The Armscor Bursary Scheme aims to address the lack of critical skills in science and engineering skills, of the defence industry. The company invites students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, to apply for funding.
MOREABOUT THE ARMSCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, meals, allowances and vacation work (where available).
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Armscor Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification within one of the fields listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or accepted/ registered to study at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the defence industry
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for English in Matric
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
Download and complete the Armscor Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Armscor bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or employment letter if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit if an informal trader/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Covering letter, stating the following: your field of study and what motivated you to choose to study in your field
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Armscor Bursary Application- Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Senior Manager: Learning & Organisation Development
Private Bag X337
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to submit the following documents before the bursary is awarded:
- Matric final results/ certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or registration at University (on institutions letterhead)
- Student number
- Fees statement, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
2 February 2024.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Armscor directly:
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here