Khulisa Academy Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Khulisa Academy Bursary South Africa | See Details on Khulisa Academy Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024 Below;
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KHULISA ACADEMY
The Khulisa Academy got its name from the isiZulu word, ‘Khulisa’ meaning ‘nurturing.’ The Khulisa Academy is a High-Performance Computing (HPC) training academy that was established by Dell with the aim of aiding previously disadvantaged students in reaching their goals and furthering their capabilities in IT.
At Khulisa Academy, students undergo an intensive 2-year training program that helps them challenge and stretch their capabilities. The Khulisa Academy’s students are headhunted annually and are provided with employment that is gainful.
ABOUT THE KHULISA ACADEMY BURSARY PROGRAMME
Khulisa Academy is inviting students to apply for the 2-year comprehensive training program/ bursary, for studies in High-Performance Computing (HPC).
HPC refers to aggregating computing power to receive a higher performance than an average desktop computer or workstation. This is done to solve large problems pertaining to engineering, science, or business.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Khulisa Academy Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE KHULISA ACADEMY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Candidates will be required to complete a mandatory psychometrics test to confirm their aptitude for an IT-related career and attitude, before being selected for the programme.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KHULISA ACADEMY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science, Pure Mathematics, English, and IT-related courses
- You must be 18 to 24 years old
- You must be 18 to 30 years old (if living with a disability)
- You must be interested in High-Performance Computing or IT
- You must intend on studying at Khulisa Academy in Johannesburg
- You must be an Employment Equity (EE) candidate (preference will be given to female candidates)
- You must NOT be employed (part-time or full-time)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other scholarship or bursary award from another company
- You must have completed Matric with a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics, Physical Science, English, and IT-related courses
- You must have completed a valid and recognised IT Diploma or University Degree or be in your final year of study
- You must have English as a second language
- You must be able to work under pressure
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- You must be self-motivated
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KHULISA ACADEMY BURSARY
Download and complete the Khulisa Academy Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or Passport (certified copy)
- Recent ID photograph
- Latest exam results (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcript (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed (certified copy)
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter: stating why you should be awarded the bursary (including details about your biggest passion, your strengths and weaknesses, as well as achievements)
- 2 contactable references who can recommend you (not family members)
- Parents or guardians proof of income: if employed – latest payslips with gross income and all other benefits
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income: if working in the informal sector – sworn affidavit stating the estimated gross monthly income
- Parents or guardians proof of income: if you are self-employed – audited financial statement
- Parents or guardians proof of income: if unemployed – sworn affidavit signed by parents/ guardians before a commissioner of oaths
- Parents or guardians proof of income: if pensioners – pension slip (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce decree and details of any maintenance payments, if divorced
- Parents or guardians’ death certificate, if deceased
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Khulisa Academy Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KHULISA ACADEMY BURSARY
30 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Khulisa Academy directly:
Tel: 011 575 3634 / 011 575 6269
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
****SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES BY MONTH
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered