Cecil Renaud Overseas Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in the UK 2023 – 2024
Cecil Renaud Overseas Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in the UK
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CECIL RENAUD EDUCATIONAL AND CHARITABLE TRUST
The Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust was established in 1988 by Dr Cecil Renaud, a famous Durban Philanthropist. In 1993, Dr Renaud passed away and passed the remainder of his estate on to the Trust, which later established the Overseas Scholarship.
ABOUT THE CECIL RENAUD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust is inviting students to apply for the Cecil Renaud Overseas Scholarship, for the 2023 academic year.
Scholarships will be awarded for Postgraduate (Master’s degree (or equivalent) or PhD) studies in the United Kingdom.
Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend an interview, and thereafter, 1 or 2 candidates will be selected to receive the scholarship award. Scholarships are awarded for a maximum duration of 2 years.
https://zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Cecil Renaud International Scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CECIL RENAUD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a resident of South Africa and have resided in the country for at least 5 years
- You must be under 27 years old
- You must have completed most of your secondary schooling at any school in the KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must be a postgraduate student that has completed or is in the final year of an Honours degree or a 4-year undergraduate degree
- You must have achieved or aim to achieve an Undergraduate or Honours degree cum laude or summa cum laude
- You must have achieved Dean’s Commendations and Certificates of Merit (or equivalent)
- You must have studied at any South African university
- You must intend on studying full-time towards a Postgraduate (Master’s degree (or equivalent) or PhD) at any University within the United Kingdom
- You must aim to make a significant impact on the world and in your chosen field of study
- You must have an excellent track record in extracurricular activities
- You must have a drive to uplift South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CECIL RENAUD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the Cecil Renaud Scholarship Application Form 2023 – 2024 (.pdf)
Enter “https://zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Cecil Renaud Scholarship.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Courses and degrees you are partaking in (this should include classes, standards, and distinctions) (certified copy)
- Degree certificates (certified copy)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Photograph (passport sized)
- Signed statement depicting: your general interests and activities, the course you wish to pursue during the scholarship, your university of choice and why you chose it, and what kind of work you aim to do post-studies
- A motivational letter stating why you should be selected to receive the scholarship (read our tips on how to write a bursary motivational letter)
Note: documents should preferably be combined into 1 single file.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and RoshiniK@privatewealth.sanlam.co.za
(Insert the words “Cecil Renaud Scholarship Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CECIL RENAUD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
31 October 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cecil Educational and Charitable Trust directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.