iStudent Academy Bursary Competition South Africa 2023 – 2024
iStudent Academy Bursary Competition South Africa
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION – ISTUDENT ACADEMY
iStudent Academy is a private institution, which offers accredited full-time, part time and online qualifications and short courses in Information Technology, Graphic Design, Computer Aided Draughting and Business. The Academy pride itself on offering small classes, centred around quality education to students passionate about technology.
The Academy has been operating since 1999 and has partnered with and achieved accreditation by prestigious quality assurance bodies – both in South Africa and internationally.
In 2021, iStudent Academy awarded over R440 000 in bursaries to deserving students.
ABOUT THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
iStudent Academy is inviting students to apply for their bursary competition, for the 2023 academic year..
The bursary will be awarded for studies at any of the iStudent Academy campuses (in Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg and Cape Town), for studies towards these SAQA accredited and Internationally accredited qualifications:
- 1-year I.T (Microsoft Certified in Programming or Networking)
- 2 Year I.T Engineering (Microsoft Certified Programming, Networking and Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- 2 Year Graphic Design (Adobe Certified Associate)
- 2 Year Computer Aided Design and Draughting (Autodesk Certified User)
MORE ABOUT THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COURSES | COVERAGE VALUE
The Academy will be awarding 16 bursaries – 4 at each of their 4 campuses located in Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg and Cape Town. The bursaries will cover 50% of the study fees.
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees only. Students are required to cover all other expenses, which include but are not limited to accommodation, meals, travel, etc.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the iStudent Academy Bursary Competition.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric or must be currently in Matric
- You must be under 30 years old
- You must intend on studying full-time towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must meet the requirements of your intended course at iStudent Academy
- You must read and agree to the Terms | Conditions (listed below and on the application form)
- You must have attended an iStudent Academy Open Day or Workshop (view all Open Day and Workshop dates here – the next Open Day in Johannesburg is 1 October and the next Open Day in
Durban, Pietermaritzburg, and Cape Town is 8 October)
- You must be fluent in English as lectures and study materials are in English (able to read, write and speak in English)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
All applicants must read and agree to these T|C’s before applying:
- You must meet all of the minimum entry criteria.
- You must apply before or on the closing date.
- If you are successful in being awarded the bursary, you will be required to pay the reduced registration fee within 60 days of acceptance and follow the standard registration process.
- Bursary recipients may be required to complete an entrance exam in order to confirm they qualify for the specific course.
- Successful bursary recipients will be announced on 26 November 2022, and further details will be provided closer to the time.
- Bursary recipients must be willing to be interviewed and photographed for any promotional or marketing material by iStudent Academy.
- Final decisions will be made by the panel of judges.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
Download and complete the iStudent Academy Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the iStudent Academy Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Letter of recommendation to support your application (from your school or work) (read our tips on how to get a reference letter for your bursary application)
- Parents or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parent’s or guardians ‘ months’ bank statements
- Essay based on the title: “My passion for technology”
Applications may be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Hand delivery to any of these iStudent Academy Campuses:
- Durban Campus: 16 Peter Mokaba Ridge, Berea, Durban, 4001
- Pietermaritzburg Campus: 460 Townbush Road, Cascades, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
- Bloemfontein Campus: 6 Bermakor Park, 52 Reid St, Westdene, Bloemfontein, 9301
- Johannesburg Campus: 0B Forest Road Pineslopes Office Park Block C, Sandton, 2191
- Cape Town Campus: 1 Century City Dr, 4th Floor Zutari Building, Century City, Cape Town, 7446
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
31 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the iStudent Academy (Pty) Ltd directly:
Durban Campus (Tel: 031 277 2001)
Pietermaritzburg Campus (Tel: 031 277 2002 / 033 347 0719)
Bloemfontein Campus (Tel: 087 255 9627)
Johannesburg Campus (Tel: 011 465 1405)
Cape Town Campus (Tel: 021 824 1170)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.