Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SATC
The Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) is an annual event, attended by more than 700 delegates each year, who are connected to the transport industry in one way or another. The SATC is the premier transport forum in Southern Africa, promoting key thinking and new solutions to transport challenges faced by Southern Africa, and encouraging the debate of current transport issues.
The 2022 conference was held virtually, the main theme of “Sustainable Transportation Through Enabling Partnerships”. This year’s conference aimed to give delegates the inside track on contemporary transport trends and to help industry players reimagine transport for the needs of its users.
ABOUT THE SATC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) is inviting students to apply for 2 types of bursaries, for the 2023 academic year.:
1) A bursary for South African or SADC students, pursuing undergraduate studies in the Transport field.
2) A bursary for South African or SADC students, pursuing Postgraduate (Masters or Doctorate) research component in Transport.
MORE ABOUT THE SATC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
SATC bursaries will be awarded to:
- 2 Postgraduate students, to the value of R170 000 per bursary tax-free, which will be paid directly to the University where the student is undertaking their research.
- 1 Undergraduate student, to provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, and accommodation in line with the University’s cost structure.
Bursaries are paid in 2 instalments – half in February and half in July.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SATC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR from one of the SADC countries (see below)
- You must be studying full-time towards an Undergraduate qualification that involves transport OR a Postgraduate (Masters or Doctorate) research component in the transport
- You must be studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursaries, scholarships, awards or other funding
* The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is made up of the following 16 countries: South Africa, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Mauritius, Zambia, Tanzania, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola, Madagascar, Seychelles, Comoros and Eswatini.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SATC BURSARY
Download and complete the: Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) Bursary Application 2022 (.docx)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- A recent photograph of yourself
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Membership certificate of professional bodies (certified copy)
- Postgraduate students: Degree certificates and academic record (certified copy)
- Undergraduate students: invoice with the list of detailed expenses
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Jacqui Oosthuyzen (SATC Secretariat): firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SATC Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SATC BURSARY
Postgraduate Bursary: 13 December 2021.
Undergraduate Bursary: 30 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) directly:
Contact person: Jacqui Oosthuyzen (SATC Secretariat)
Tel: 012 804 3762
Cell: 083 324 9622
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES