Hexagon Trust Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – HEXAGON TRUST
The Hexagon Trust, founded in 1987, is a charitable non-profit NGO based in Durban which aims to provide funding opportunities to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Since it began operating, the Trust has helped over 1660 students who otherwise may have not afforded to pursue their tertiary education.
ABOUT THE HEXAGON TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Hexagon Trust is inviting students to apply for the bursary programme for the 2022 academic year. Students pursuing studies within the fields of Science, Engineering, and Commerce may apply.
Bursaries will be awarded to deserving students based on these criteria: academic performance, financial need, commitment to their studies, as well as determination to developing their skills and reach their full potential.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and a textbook allowance.
MORE ABOUT THE HEXAGON TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION & SERVICE CONTRACT
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the selection committee before final selection can be made.
Bursary candidates will be required to contribute their time and expertise to community service, both during and after completing their studies. Bursary recipients must also become members of the Hexagon Students Alumni Association.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HEXAGON TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be entering your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study in 2022
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average “C” symbol
- You must be hardworking
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be committed to developing your community
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HEXAGON TRUST BURSARY
Applications must be done online at Hexagon Trust Bursary Application 2022
Students applying for the first time will be required to register an account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Passport-sized photograph
- June 2021 exam results (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter from your tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (payslip if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A motivational letter including your future plans, the background of your school career and family background
- Letter of recommendation from your school principal
NOTES ABOUT THE HEXAGON TRUST BURSARY APPLICATION PROCESS
- Online applications will take about 20 minutes – you will be able to save your application and come back to it later if you are unable to complete it all at one time.
- All documents must be certified and submitted online ONLY.
- Documents must be submitted in one of these formats: jpg, jpeg, png, doc, Docx, pdf, RTF and must not be larger than 2MB each.
- After you have submitted your online bursary application, you will receive updates via email and can view the status of your application via the online student portal.
- If your application is marked as “Draft” in the student portal, it means it is incomplete and has not been submitted yet.
- If your application is marked as “Application Incomplete” in the student portal, it means your application is either incomplete and missing information or you have clicked save but have not yet submitted your application.
- If your application is marked as “Pending” in the student portal, it means your application has been submitted and will be processed soon.
- If your application is marked as “In Review” in the student portal, it means your application has been submitted and is being reviewed to see if you qualify.
- If your application is marked as “Shortlisted” in the student portal, it means your application has passed stage 1 of the review process and you will be invited to attend an interview.
- If your application is marked as “Application Unsuccessful” in the student portal, it means you have not been selected to receive a bursary award.
- If your application is marked as “Application Successful” in the student portal, it means you have been selected to receive a bursary award.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE HEXAGON TRUST BURSARY
31 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Hexagon Trust directly:
Tel: 031 201 3337