UKZN Ethekwini Maritime Cluster Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
UKZN Ethekwini Maritime Cluster Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – UKZN | EMC
The Unit of Maritime Law and Maritime Studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), established in 2012, is housed within the School of Law and works closely with the UKZN’s School of Accounting, Economics and Finance. The department provides students with the opportunity to study full time or part-time, towards the following qualifications: Master of Commerce (MComm) in Maritime Studies, Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Maritime Studies and LLM in Maritime Law.
The EThekwini Maritime Cluster (EMC) is a non-profit company, who aims to support and promote the maritime industry within the city of Durban.
ABOUT THE UKZN ETHEKWINI MARITIME CLUSTER BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Ethekwini Maritime Cluster is inviting students, to apply for bursary funding, for studies towards Masters or PhD research in Maritime, for the 2023 academic year.. The bursary will cover studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, in the Unit of Maritime Law and Maritime Studies.
- Students can find out more about the programmes at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Unit of Maritime Law and Maritime Studies here.
- Find more Maritime (and related studies) bursaries here.
- Find more Postgraduate bursaries here.
MORE ABOUT THE UKZN ETHEKWINI MARITIME CLUSTER BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
Bursaries will be awarded to 5 students, to the value of R20 000 each, for cover towards research and study expenses. Students who are either currently registered in 2022 for Masters or PhD research in Maritime, or are registering in 2022, may apply.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UKZN EMC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying or accepted to study at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, for Masters or PhD research in Maritime in 2022
- You must have an interest in maritime studies
- Preference will be given to candidates from previously disadvantaged groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UKZN ETHEKWINI MARITIME CLUSTER BURSARY
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter outlining why you want to conduct research in maritime
- Draft research proposal on a maritime topic
- Full academic record to date
- Progress report from your supervisor: if already enrolled for Masters or PhD
- Proof of acceptance at University of KwaZulu-Natal, for Masters (research) or PhD in maritime: if enrolling for the first time in 2022
Note: there is no application form for this bursary – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted to Ms Veronica Peter (at the UKZN Maritime Studies Unit), via email at: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Ethekwini Maritime Cluster Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UKZN EMC BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Maritime Studies Unit directly:
Contact Person: Ms Veronisa Peter (admin office)
* Please insert the following in the email subject line when submitting a query “Ethekwini Maritime Cluster Bursary Query”.