IUCMA Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – IUCMA
IUCMA Bursary South Africa | Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) Bursary South Africa| The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Area (IUCMA) was established in order to perform water resource management at the local level. The IUCMA is responsible for supplying sufficient, equitable and quality water resources to residents within the Inkomati-Usuthu Water Management Area.
ABOUT THE IUCMA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Area (IUCMA) is inviting students residing in Mpumalanga, to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will only be awarded for Undergraduate studies within these fields:
- Chemistry, Biochemistry and Microbiology (BSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc or B Degree)
- Geohydrology, Geomorphology and Botany (BSc)
- Hydrology / Water Resource Management (BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE IUCMA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, prescribed study materials, meals, accommodation and a stipend.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the application deadline – should you not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary contract with the IUCMA, per the external bursary policy.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IUCMA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in Mpumalanga Province (within IUCMA’s Water Management Area)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% if currently studying at tertiary level
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Female students and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IUCMA BURSARY
Download and complete the IUCMA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Application forms may also be collected at IUCMA offices in Nelspruit, Piet Retief/ Usuthu and Bushbuckridge.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record or transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary admission or provisional acceptance letter (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (from Local Municipality or Headman/ Chief)
- Research proposal (if applicable)
- Motivational letter to support your application and explain why you should be awarded the bursary (to be completed on the application form)
- Description of where you see yourself after graduation or after 5 years (to be completed on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The Chief Executive Officer
Inkomati Usuthu Catchment Management Agency
Private Bag x 11214
For Attention: Human Resource
– Hand delivery:
Floor Number 8
Corner Streak and Ferreira Street
– Email: Bursaries@iucma.co.za
(Insert the words “IUCMA Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE IUCMA BURSARY
14 January 2022 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) directly:
Contact People: Ms D Malumane / Ms Z Tibane
Tel: 013 753 9000
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.