Ingquza Hill Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – INGQUZA HILL MUNICIPALITY
Ingquza Hill Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Ingquza Hill Local Municipality (formally known as Qaukeni Municipality) forms part of five Local municipalities under the jurisdiction of the OR Tambo District Municipality within the Eastern Cape.
The Ingquza Hill Local Municipality faces a number of challenges, ranging from backlogs in infrastructure, to extreme levels of poverty and underdevelopment. Owing to the community facing major financial struggles, there is a major need for targeted community-focused development planning to combat poverty. Through this, the Ingquza Hill Local Municipality hopes to build a solid foundation for a stable and thriving community.
ABOUT THE INGQUZA HILL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Ingquza Hill Local Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to 4 students, residing within the Ingquza Hill Local Municipality (Eastern Cape), for studies within the following fields:
- Civil and Building/ Electrical Engineering
- Financial Accounting (CA)
- Maritime Studies
- Town and Regional Planning
MORE ABOUT THE INGQUZA HILL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 months of the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider you application unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Ingquza Hill Local Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INGQUZA HILL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- You must reside within the Ingquza Hill Local Municipality
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited University in South Africa
- You must meet the tertiary academic requirements of your chosen university
- You must be in financial need, with a household income of NOT more than R350 000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INGQUZA HILL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Students who meet the above criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Application letter (signed and marked for the attention of the Municipal Manager, with an official stamp by respective Ward Councillor)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Matric June and trial exam results, if currently in Matric
- Proof of application/ acceptance/ provisional acceptance letter from institution
- Quotation of the university’s fee structure (including accommodation and prescribed textbook amounts)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of sassa grant if applicable)
- Proof of residence
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be delivered to:
135 Main Street
(Attention: Municipal Manager)
Note: applications submitted via fax or email will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE INGQUZA HILL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
10 February 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ingquza Hill Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr M Ntotho (Human Resources Development Section)
Tel: 039 253 1568
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here