Gibela Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – GIBELA
Gibela Bursary South Africa 2024 | Gibela, a joint South African and French railway rolling stock manufacturer, was established as an association between Ubumbano Rail, Alstom and New Africa Rail. Within the fully black-empowered company, Alstom currently owns majority shares of the company and control 61%, while Ubumbano Rail controls 30% and New Africa Rail 9% stakes.
In 2013, Gibela was assigned with the task of replacing old metro fleet with a new modern service. Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) instructed them to deliver into the South African rail network, 600 modern commuter passenger trains, over the course of 10 years.
ABOUT THE GIBELA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Gibela is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies at TVET College, within the following fields:
- Control and instrumentation technicians
- Fitters and Turners
MORE ABOUT THE GIBELA BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, RENEWAL & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for full tuition fees and a book allowance.
Bursaries are granted for one year at a time and are renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Gibela Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 28 February 2024 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GIBELA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of level 4 for Mathematics, Science and English in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification, in one of the fields listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record and be able to show potential for academic success
- You must be in financial need
- Current N3 and N4 students are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GIBELA BURSARY
Students who meet the minimum eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copies)
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed or informally employed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable) (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance for admission from a TVET institution in South Africa (on institutions letterhead)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Gibela Bursary 2024 TVET” in the email subject line).
– Fax: 086 246 2666
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GIBELA BURSARY
2 February 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE GIBELA BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Gibela directly:
Contact person: Thenjiwe-Molly Mahlangu (Human Resources)
Tel: 010 600 0651
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here