GWK Ben Scholtz Bursary Fund South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GWK
GWK Ben Scholtz Bursary Fund South Africa | GWK are a leading company within the agribusiness sector, are in fact one of the biggest and most diverse agribusinesses in the country. The company’s sole aim is to improve lives – this includes the lives of their personnel; the lives of their farmers and the lives of their consumers.
GWK is split into 3 sub-sectors:
GWK Agri provides solutions to farmers by supporting them from start to finish. GWK provides input, solutions and other services to farmers.
GWK Farm Foods, which connects consumers with their food source (the farmer). GWK takes consumer needs into account and produces products of the highest quality.
GWK Trading focuses on creating top international and national markets for the company’s products. GWK handle the trading of their farmer’s products and establish seamless trading channels for farmers to continue with their production.
ABOUT THE GWK BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
GWK is inviting students to apply for the Ben Scholtz bursary fund, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a career within the GWK Group, including the following:
- Corporate Managers
- Cultivation, procurement and marketing of all grain products, potatoes, lucerne/alfalfa, cotton, peanuts, pecan nuts and grapes, among others
- Estate Agents
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Livestock marketers, agents, advisors and auctioneers
- Marketing and Communication
- Marketing of input products such as fertilizer and seed
- Mechanics and Irrigation
- Research and Development
- Risk Management and Audits
- Safex trading of products
MORE ABOUT THE GWK BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary award will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed textbooks.
Once students have completed their qualifications, they will be eligible to take up a vacancy within the GWK Group. Should there not be any available vacancies, the bursary will be converted into a loan and required to be paid back.
Successful candidates will be contacted no later than 31 October 2022.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GWK BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have a good academic record
- You must be studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GWK BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; GWK Ben Scholtz Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (copy)
- Most recent exam results (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full course details
- Statement/ Invoice of all fees involved in your selected course (including registration fees, tuition and prescribed books)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GWK BURSARY
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact GWK directly:
GWK Head Office
Tel: 053 298 8200
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.