General Electric (GE) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GENERAL ELECTRIC
General Electric (GE) Bursary South Africa | General Electric (GE), funded in 1892, is an American multinational corporation and one of the largest and most-diversified companies on the globe. Headquartered in Boston, USA, the companies subsidiaries include: Aviation, Renewable Energy, Lighting, Power, Additive, Capital, Healthcare, Global Research, Digital and Ventures.
GE has been in operation in South Africa since 1898, and the Johannesburg office was the first overseas office opened outside of the USA. GE South Africa currently has a staff force of around 600 employees, in businesses across the companies key sectors.
ABOUT THE GENERAL ELECTRIC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
General Electric is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries are available for full time studies at public universities, within the following fields:
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
Note: the bursary does NOT cover all qualifications under the above faculties.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GENERAL ELECTRIC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 30 years old (at the time of application)
- You must have completed Matric OR must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised public university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your current studies
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding from another institution or another bursary
- Preference will be given to students from a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GENERAL ELECTRIC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online, by following these steps:
1) Apply online at: General Electric Bursary Application 2022
2) Select the “2022 General Electric South Africa Bursary”
3) Select “New Student Profile” – fill in your required information and create a login
4) Check your emails for a confirmation email with your login details.
5) Log in using your login details
6) Upload all your supporting documentation, per the list below, before the deadline.
7) Upload your final results as soon as available and await feedback.
If you are having any problems with the online application portal, please email GESA.Bursaries@ge.com for assistance.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at university (certified copy)
- Proof of university acceptance or provisional admission (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA letter if on pension)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GENERAL ELECTRIC BURSARY
19 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact General Electric directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.