Drakenstein Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DRAKENSTEIN MUNICIPALITY
Drakenstein Municipality Bursary South Africa | Drakenstein Municipality is located within the Western Cape province of South Africa, in the Cape Winelands District Municipality. It is a local Category B municipality, whose towns include Gouda, Paarl, Saron, Simondium and Wellington.
The Municipality aims to provide its residents, businesses, industry and tourists, with the best services and amenities.
ABOUT THE DRAKENSTEIN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Drakenstein Municipality is inviting students residing within the municipal area (Gouda, Paarl, Saron, Simondium or Wellington), to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. The municipality will provide partial bursary funding, for studies within these fields:
- Accredited Skills Programmes by accredited Learning Providers (including: Digger-loader, Grasscutting, Hairdressing, Painting, Welding)
- Artisan Development Training qualifications (including: Building Construction, Diesel Mechanics, Electrical: Heavy Current,Plumbing, Welding)
- Community and Social Development related fields
- Engineering fields (including: Civil Engineering, Electro-Technical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- Finance fields (including: Accounting, Auditing, Financial Management)
- Sports Administration, Public Administration & Services fields (including: Firefighting, Human Resources, Law Enforcement, Public Management, Traffic Management)
- Town & Regional Planning, Local Economic Development and Tourism, Architectural Technology, Environmental, Water/ Wastewater, Solid Waste related fields
MORE ABOUT THE DRAKENSTEIN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 31 January 2022, at the latest – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Current bursary recipients do NOT have to reapply each year – their bursary will automatically be renewed, if they meet the academic criteria per the bursary policy.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DRAKENSTEIN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must be permanently residing within the Drakenstein Municipal area (Gouda, Paarl, Saron, Simondium or Wellington)
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, in one of the fields of study listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or have applied to study at a recognised Higher Education and Training institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DRAKENSTEIN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the: Drakenstein Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- 2021 June results (certified copy)
- 2021 final results or previous results, if not currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of application or admission at a recognised Higher Education and Training institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Details of course of study duration, scope, tuition fees and banking details (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence: Drakenstein Municipality’s utility bill (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed: certified copy/ affidavit from SAPS if unemployed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: Ntomboxolo.Mandla@drakenstein.gov.za OR Inge.Frolicks@drakenstein.gov.za
(Insert the words “Drakenstein Municipality Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DRAKENSTEIN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
29 October 2021 (at 15:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Drakenstein Municipality directly:
Contact person: Ms Ntomboxolo Mandla / Ms Inge Frolicks
Tel: 021 807 4503 / 021 807 6492
Email: Ntomboxolo.Mandla@drakenstein.gov.za / Inge.Frolicks@drakenstein.gov.za
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.