Digby Wells Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – DIGBY WELLS
Digby Wells Bursary South Africa 2024 | Digby Wells Environmental (Digby Wells) is a leading provider of environmental and social services to the South African and International mineral resources and energy industries. The companies capabilities include: Environmental Services; Social and Heritage Services; Rehabilitation, Closure and Soils; Water Geosciences and Renewable Energy, to name a few.
Digby Wells and Associates (Pty) Ltd was formed by 3 partners, all of whom were from the Environmental Management Department of Rand Mines. The company was formed in 1995 and named after the late Mr Digby Wells, who was a role player in the South African environmental management field.
ABOUT THE DIGBY WELLS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Digby Wells Environmental is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries are available for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, within these fields:
- Community Development
- Environmental Sciences
- Research Psychology
MORE ABOUT THE DIGBY WELLS BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & OTHER BENEFITS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance and a laptop.
Students who are to be inducted into the company will also receive the following benefits: paid vacation employment with practical training and on-site exposure, continuous mentorship from highly experienced staff and full-time employment on graduation.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Digby Wells Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DIGBY WELLS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an Undergraduate (first, second or third year) or Postgraduate qualification, within one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or registering to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric
- You must have strong academic potential
- You must intend on pursuing a career in the Environmental and Social Services Industry
- You must be passionate about working outdoors
- You must be want to make a difference to the environment
- You must be highly motivated and committed to your studies
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DIGBY WELLS BURSARY
Download and complete the Digby Wells Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Digby Wells Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- June/ July 2023 academic results or latest results if not studying this year (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or provisional acceptance from University (on institutions letterhead)
- Recommendation letter (NOT from a relative or family member) (read our tips on how to get a reference letter/ testimonial for your bursary application)
- Testimonial from an education official (see details on the application form)
- Essay on your life (see topics on the application form)
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Digby Wells Bursary 2024” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DIGBY WELLS BURSARY
31 December 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Digby Wells directly:
Tel: 011 789 9495
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here