David and Elaine Potter Fellowship South Africa 2023 – 2024
David and Elaine Potter Fellowship South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – DAVID AND ELAINE POTTER FOUNDATION
David and Elaine Potter Fellowship South Africa; The David and Elaine Potter Foundation and its Fellowship Programme were established to aid South African students who are interested in contributing to the country’s civil society by utilising their educational knowledge in various disciplines. The aim of this programme is to create future leaders who will ensure that a strong civil society is built and will hold all forms of government accountable, improve the lives of South Africans as well as democratic institutions, and continue to sustain and improve the rights of all (legal, civil, and economical.)
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is one of the top academic tertiary institutions in South Africa. Their main mission is to produce individuals who portray excellent leadership qualities as well as strong social justice, and who will later play important roles in government, business, civil society, and industry in South Africa and Africa as a whole.
ABOUT THE DAVID AND ELAINE POTTER FELLOWSHIP – FIELDS COVERED
The David and Elaine Potter Foundation are inviting postgraduate students to apply for the David and Elaine Fellowship, for the 2023 academic year..
Candidates who intend to complete their 1st year of registration for Masters and Doctoral studies (on a full-time basis), in ANY field of study, at the University of Cape Town may apply.
MORE ABOUT THE DAVID AND ELAINE POTTER FELLOWSHIP – COVERAGE VALUE
The programme will be awarded for the following time frames and values:
- 1 to 2 years at a Masters level, dependent on which academic programme the candidate chooses to partake in. The coverage value for Masters degree studies is R95 000 for the first year and R100 000 for the second year.
- 3 years at a Doctoral level. The coverage value for Doctoral degree studies is R140 000.
Renewals for the programme after the first year will be dependant on the degree programme and the candidate’s ability to produce satisfactory progress and results.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DAVID AND ELAINE POTTER FELLOWSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed an Honours degree
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 65% for your final Honours degree mark
- You must intend on studying towards a Masters or Doctoral degree at the University of Cape Town in the 2023 academic year.
- You must be able to complete your degree within the above given time frames (no extensions will be given)
- You must be passionate about civil society
- You must be a thoughtful individual
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DAVID AND ELAINE POTTER FELLOWSHIP
Download and complete the David and Elaine Potter Fellowship Application Form 2022 (.docx)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID Document (certified copy)
- Brief cover letter, which should include an overview of the information prepared for consideration
- Updated and full Curriculum Vitae (with details of past and present community involvement and leadership roles)
- Academic transcripts, NOT certificates (certified copies)
- Profile photo (high-quality, digital head and shoulders photo)
- 2 reference letters from academics who have supervised/ taught you at university (letters must be emailed to PGFO at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Proof of acceptance or proof of admission application into UCT for 2022 by a relevant academic department
- Essay describing your intended role in civil society (maximum 2500 words)
- Doctoral candidates: summary/ abstract of your intended research proposal for the PhD degree (maximum 1 A4 page)
Note: Applicants must compile the completed application form and the supporting documents in to 1 pdf document.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Potter Fellowship application 2022: First and Last Name” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE DAVID AND ELAINE POTTER FELLOWSHIP
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted and must be available for an interview in December 2021.
- Fellowship recipients will be required to follow the Conditions of the Award which includes the planning and organising of a minimum of 1 seminar during the programme.
- Successful candidates will be required to contribute to the Fellowship of Scholars during the years they are part of the fellowship. They are required to attend a minimum of 1 meeting a year of all the pooling and scholars ideas on how to better the community.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DAVID AND ELAINE POTTER FELLOWSHIP
11 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE FELLOWSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this grant programme, please contact the University of Cape Town directly:
Tel: 021 650 2349
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or Sms If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications For 2021
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December