Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CYRIL RAMAPHOSA FOUNDATION
The Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation, previously known as the Shanduka Foundation, was founded by Cyril Ramaphosa and the Shanduka Group in 2004. However, in 2015, the Foundation underwent a name change and is currently known as the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation. The Foundation’s mission is to create opportunities for students by way of education and enterprise development.
In 1996, Cyril Ramaphosa started assisting students from disadvantaged backgrounds with bursaries to attend university. The funding was earned from his public speaking engagements and in 2000, the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) was established. Today, the CRET is an independent non-profit organisation of the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation founded the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary Programme in order to assist students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds, who demonstrate strong academic results and would otherwise not be able to afford to study further. Bursaries will be awarded in any field of study (provided that the studies are no longer than 5 years).
The bursary coverage will be based on students needs, but may include the following: tuition fees, prescribed books and other study materials, meals, accommodation and a living expense allowance (if motivated).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently unemployed
- Between 16 and 30 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or have applied to study towards your first undergraduate qualification (NOT postgraduate)
- Studying or have applied to study at a recognised and accredited institution in South Africa
- Studying or intend on studying full time/ part time/ via distance learning
- Strong academic record
- Leadership skills
- Empathetic ability
- Strong developmental communication skills
- Proven financial need
- *Preference will be given to those studying towards essential and scarce skills (per the Department of Labour, SETAs and labour and economic advisors)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.easyburse.co.za/register.php?groupId=10
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary application or acceptance
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips if employed certified copies/ proof of pension or grant if applicable)
- Testimonial from an educator or community official
- Motivational essay (explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary, the support you expect to receive from the bursary and life values)
31 October 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust directly:
Tel: 011 592 6560