BEKA Schréder Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BEKA SCHRÉDER
BEKA Schréder (Pty) Ltd was formed in 1978 in Namibia until the company relocated its head office and factory to Olifantsfontein, South Africa in 1981. In 2002 the company partnered with Schréder, a Belgian multinational lighting company with operations in 5 continents. As of 2013, BEKA became a wholly-owned Schréder company and have since changed their name to BEKA Schréder.
Today, BEKA Schréder (Pty) Ltd is the leading manufacturer of Luminaires and Glass Fibre Reinforced polyester (GRP) Poles within Africa. The company provides lighting solutions within the following categories: Transit, Industry, Road and Urban, Tunnel, Sport, Campus, Ambiance and Illumination.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
BEKA Schréder (Pty) Ltd will be awarding bursaries within one of the following fields of study (undergraduate qualifications only):
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals, up to a maximum value of R75 000.
Bursaries are awarding for 1 year at a time and students should reapply for funding each year. Students will be able to take part in vacation work or practical training each year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying full–time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying OR intend on studying at an accredited tertiary institution
- Strong academic record
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary funding or financial assistance from another company
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at http://bit.ly/2ZIs92g
2) By downloading and completing the BEKA Schréder Bursary Application Form
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation on your application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at an accredited tertiary institution
- Proof of household income (parent’s payslips if employed/ latest audited financial statements or affidavit if self-employed
- A motivational letter stating why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
None – submission of application is open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact BEKA Schréder (Pty) Ltd directly:
Tel: 011 238 0085