Council for Geoscience Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Council for Geoscience Bursary South Africa | The Council for Geoscience (CGS) is the legal successor of the Geological Survey of South Africa. The legal successor of the Geological Survey of South Africa was founded in 1912 by a merger between 3 prior Surveys.
The Council for Geoscience (CGS) are inviting Matric and university students to apply for their bursary award.
ABOUT THE COUNCIL FOR GEOSCIENCE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Council for Geoscience (CGS) is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries are available to current and future undergraduate students, pursuing studies in any of these fields:
- Computational Geosciences
- Economic Geology
- Engineering Geology
- Hydrogeology (focus on groundwater modelling)
- Mineral Economics
- Mining seismology
- Remote sensing
- Science Communication
The bursary is also open to postgraduate students, for research topics defined by the CGS.
MORE ABOUT THE CGS BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, meals, accommodation, research/ excursions and a laptop allowance for first-time bursary recipients.
Bursary recipients may be required to partake in vacation work at the company, during university holidays. They may also be required to work for the CGS after graduation, as part of the work back contract.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CGS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time within, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa, in 2022
- Current Matric students: you must pass Mathematics and Physical Science as key subjects in Matric
- Students who have completed Matric: you must have achieved a minimum result of level 6 for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Current tertiary students: you must have passed all the courses you have registered for, for the study period completed
- You must NOT be currently employed and you must be willing and able to work for the CGS when required
- Preference will be given to female students and students living with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CGS BURSARY
Download and complete the: Council for Geoscience (CGS) Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Application letter stating your field of study
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including latest results, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the following in the email subject line: “BursaryFT”).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CGS BURSARY
15 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Council for Geoscience directly:
Tel: 012 841 1020 / 012 841 1911
* Please note: this contact information is only for enquiries, not for applications.
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or Sms If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications For 2021
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
Read Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December