South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) Bursary 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SASCP
The South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) was established in 1971 in Pretoria, South Africa by 5 founding members – DF Retief; SA Hulme; E Strydom; PJ Möhr and PC Nel. The science-based company is a leader in the field of crop science, whose aim it is to encourage research, training and technology transfer.
The organisation shows great commitment to encouraging the public understanding of soil management, environmental management and crop management in order to benefit our society and ensure long term sustainability. Many of SASCP’s members are greatly involved in research of oil, maize, small grains and protein seed.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The SASCP award 2 bursaries each year, to the value of R10 000 each (these funds can be used towards tuition fees).
Bursaries are awarded to Undergraduate or Postgraduate students studying within the Crop Production field of study (Crop Science or Agronomy), at a recognised University in South Africa.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards a full time Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in an area of study relating to Crop Production (Crop Science or Agronomy)
- Studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% in the previous University academic year
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online via the SASCP site at: http://sascp.org.za/sascp-bursary
Submit clear copies of the below listed supporting documentation after you have completed your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document if a South African citizen (certified copy of)
- Residence permit if a permanent resident (certified copy of)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
- Last years tertiary academic record
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2018 academic year
- A letter of reference from the Faculty Dean or a study leader
Your supporting documents must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SASCP Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
15 March 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SASCP directly:
South African Society of Crop Production
Contact Person: Dr Maryke Craven (secretary)
Tel: 018 299 6346
Fax: 086 684 2292