Cape BOD Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – CAPE BOD BURSARY FOUNDATION
Cape BOD Bursary South Africa | The Cape South African Jewish Board of Deputies (Cape SAJBD) advocates for and ensures the rights, interests and values of the Jewish community within the Western Cape.
Bursary funding is generously made available by donations from individuals, families and trusts who value education and care for the community.
ABOUT THE CAPE BOD BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Cape BOD Bursary Foundation is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to Jewish students within the Western Cape province, for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in ANY field.
The bursary is administered and coordinated by the Cape South African Jewish Board of Deputies.
MORE ABOUT THE CAPE BOD BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded to the maximum value of 50% of the student’s annual fees, therefore students are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding, to supplement this bursary award. The reason the bursary does not provide full funding is so that they can assist as many students as possible, in a small way.
https://zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Cape BOD Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CAPE BOD BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be Jewish
- You must have completed Matric within the Western Cape province
- You must have been permanently residing within the Western Cape province for a minimum of 3 years
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a first qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution (university, technical college or similar) within the Western Cape province
- You must be in financial need
- You must actively support communal organisations and be prepared to participate in communal leadership programs
- You must read and agree to the Cape BOD Bursary terms and conditions (.pdf)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CAPE BOD BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Cape BOD Bursary Application 2022/2022
Enter “https://zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Matric certificate, if available
- Study Course with course codes, if applicable
- Parents or guardians and applicants’ proof of income:
- If employed: latest payslips
- If on pension: pension slip
- If informally employed or operating an informal business, even on an ad hoc basis: trading details and income earned over the past 12 months (affidavit, signing to be witnessed by a Commissioner of Oaths)
- If self-employed / shareholders/directors of a private company: latest Financial Statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) (copy)
- If any immediate family member has a beneficial interest in a Trust: Trust Deed and latest Financial Statements
- If you or your parents own property that has a mortgage: Bond Statement (copy)
- If you or your parents own any shares (JSE / private companies / other properties/timeshare / HP’s / surrender values of Endowment and Life Policies): Schedule of Shares
- Schedule of all earnings (gross and net) for the past 12 months
- Income Tax Return(s) (IT12) (copy)
- IRP5 for the last financial year (copy)
- Tax Assessment(s) (IT34) for the last tax year (copy)
- Schedule of all outstanding creditors accounts (including HP’s, leases, etc)
- If married: Marriage Document from Synagogue / Temple
- If divorced: divorce agreement relating to the education of the child or children
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CAPE BOD BURSARY
31 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cape BOD Bursary Foundation / Cape South African Jewish Board of Deputies (Cape SAJBD) directly:
Tel: 021 464 6700
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered