Canyon Coal Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CANYON COAL
Canyon Coal, established in 2006, is a coal exploration and mining group of companies which operates in Gauteng and Mpumalanga, and has exploration projects across South Africa. The mining company produces in excess of 2.5 MT coal per annum from its various operations, which include the following: the Hakhano Colliery, the Singani Colliery, the Khanye Colliery and the Phalanndwa Colliery.
Of all the companies current operations, Hakhano Colliery in Mpumalanga is their flagship opencast mine, which produces more than 40 000 tons of ROM each month. The second largest operation is the Singani Colliery, also in Mpumalanga, which produces around 140 000 ton of ROM each month.
The Phalanndwa Colliery in Mpumalanga produces around 120 000 ton of ROM each month, and lastly the Khanye Colliery in Gauteng is estimated to produce around 200 000 ton of ROM each month.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Canyon Coal will be providing tertiary education funding to students pursuing their studies within the Mining Industry. Bursaries will be awarded to students within the Mining Industry, specifically the following field of study:
- Analytical Chemistry (Bsc)
- Geology (Bsc)
- Electrical Engineering (Bsc)
- Mechanical Engineering (Bsc)
- Mine Survey (BSc)
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation and a prescribed book allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the mining area (Delmas or Middelburg)
- Completed Matric
- Currently studying at a recognised tertiary institution in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% in tertiary studies
- Proven financial need
- *Preference will be given to female students, as well as those with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, please request the latest application form by emailing : email@example.com(with the words “Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Fee statement (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (please see page 9 of the application form for more details)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Canyon Coal Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
1 February 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Canyon Coal directly:
Contact Person: Nomfundo Mkhwebani
Tel: 011 786 7996