SMIT Amandla Marine Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE BURSAR
SMIT Amandla Marine are a specialist marine solutions provider company in Southern Africa
SMIT Amandla Marine will be awarding bursaries to students studying towards Marine-related qualifications at University or University of Technology.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Marine Engineering
- Maritime Studies
- Electrical Engineering (students currently in 1st year upwards – bursaries will from 2nd year upwards)
- Oceanography/ Climatology (bursaries will be awarded for Honours or Masters levels)
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees (in full), as well as prescribed textbooks and accommodation at the discretion of SMIT Amandla Marine (depending on personal and financial circumstances).
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients may be required to take up employment with SMIT Amandla Marine, based on the discretion of the company and operational requirements.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Obtained a minimum of level 5/ 60% for English, Science and Mathematics in Matric
- Do not have any other bursary awards for the upcoming year of study
- Electrical Engineering and Oceanography/ Climatology students must be currently enrolled in their studies
- Marine Engineering students must have been provisionally accepted to study at CPUT
- Maritime Economics/ Studies students must have been provisionally accepted to study at CPUT or DUT
HOW TO APPLY
Students who meet the minimum qualifying criteria can apply via email to: email@example.com
(please include the words: “2017 Bursary Selection Committee” in the email subject line).
Please ensure that you attach the following supporting documentation to your email:
- Motivational Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (with contactable references)
- Latest academic results (Matric certificate/ Matric mid-year results/ latest University results)
- Electrical Engineering and Oceanography/ Climatology students: proof of registration at a tertiary institution
7 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact SMIT Amandla Marine:
Tel: 021 507 5777/ 044 695 0390/ 031 274 1100