Thuto Pele NPC Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – THUTO PELE NPC
Thuto Pele NPC are a proudly Non-Profit organisation whose goal is to provide upliftment to students of previously disadvantaged communities, per the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act.
Thuto Pele NPC is also a shareholder of Plantech (Pty) Ltd, a professional consulting engineering firm who specialise in project management and design of engineering systems and infrastructure (mainly electrical and mechanical engineering) within the built environment.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Bursaries will be awarded for final year of study, in the following fields:
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The Thuto Pele NPC bursary provides coverage up to R50 000, towards tuition fees and prescribed books.
Once students have completed their studies, they must work back the bursary at Plantech. Graduate students will work as Engineers-in-training, for a period of one year of work for each year of funding received. They are also required to work at the Lesotho Highlands Development Project Phase 2 (visit www.lhda.org.ls for more info).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black student, per the B-BBEE Act (African/ Indian or Coloured)
- Completed Matric or Equivalent
- Good academic record
- Studying/ registered to study at Tshwane University of Technology/ University of Pretoria
- Studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study (final year student)
- Proven financial need
- NOT currently in possession of any other bursary funding or NSFAS
- NOT currently in possession of a government fee adjustment grant
- Willing and able to work full-time at the Lesotho Highlands Phase 2 project between 2019 to 2020
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum criteria, may apply be emailing the following items (there is no application form):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parent/guardian/ spouse ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric certificate or equivalent (certified copy)
- Latest academic result record OR progress report if no exams were written (certified copy)
- Parent/guardian/ spouse proof of income (tax return statement or latest payslips if employed/ sworn affidavits if not employed)
- 1 page motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Shortened CV
Supporting documentation must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “THUTO PELE NPC BURSARY APPLICATION 2018: [YOUR SURNAME]” in the email subject line).
28 February 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ATZ Human Resources directly:
Contact Person: An-Ji Theron
Tel: 082 322 5943