BANKSETA / UKZN Outstanding Student Debt Fund South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BANKSETA / UKZN
BANKSETA / UKZN Outstanding Student Debt Fund South Africa; The Banking Sector Education and Training Authority (BankSETA) assists in the transformation of the broader banking/microfinance sector and skills development. BankSETA is a statutory body that was established through the Skills Development Act in 1998 and amended in 2011.
BankSETA aims to alleviate unemployment by providing individuals with partnership and skills development opportunities, transform and promote employment equity, and ensure broad-based black economic empowerment through skills development programmes. Owing to skills development being recognised as a major need in South Africa, BankSETA puts their attention on youth/adult education, SME’S and continuous professional development and research.
The School of Accounting, Economics and Finance is one of the schools under the College of Law and Management Studies, at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. The school is spread across 2 campuses, namely the Westville Campus and the Pietermaritzburg Campus and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
ABOUT THE BANKSETA / UKZN OUTSTANDING STUDENT DEBT FUND – FIELDS COVERED
BANKSETA is inviting students from the University of KwaZulu-Natal with outstanding student debt, to apply for funding for the 2023 academic year..
The BANKSETA historical debt fund is applicable to UKZN School of Accounting Finance | Economics students, who are pursuing or intending to pursue these Undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning
- Postgraduate Diploma in Finance Banking and Investment Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Maritime Studies
- B Com Honours in Accounting (ACCA)
- B Com Honours in Finance and Economics
- B Com Honours in Management Accounting
- Master of Accountancy- Taxation
- Master of Accountancy – coursework
- Master of Commerce (Economics) – coursework
- Master of Commerce in Maritime Studies
MORE ABOUT THE BANKSETA / UKZN OUTSTANDING STUDENT DEBT FUND – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
Candidates will be selected based on 2 main factors: academic merit and/or financial need. The value/ cover of the bursary will be discussed with successful candidates.
ZAbusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the BANKSETA / UKZN Outstanding Student Debt Fund.
There are no contractual obligations or work obligations tied to this bursary funding programme.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BANKSETA / UKZN OUTSTANDING STUDENT DEBT FUND
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be under 35 years old when applying and must NOT be turning 35 years old in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the above Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualifications in 2022
- You must be registered or plan to register at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in 2022
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for your first and second-semester results in 2021
- You must have outstanding student debt
- Previous BANKSETA bursary recipients may apply if they are pursuing any of the qualifications above
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BANKSETA / UKZN OUTSTANDING STUDENT DEBT FUND
Applications must be submitted online at BANKSETA / UKZN Outstanding Student Debt Fund Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results/ transcripts, if currently studying (on UKZN letterhead)
- UKZN fee statement (on UKZN letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BANKSETA / UKZN OUTSTANDING STUDENT DEBT FUND
20 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE FUND PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal directly:
Contact person: Ms Nonhlanhla Mkhize
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or Sms If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications For 2021
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024