Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
Legal Practitioners Fidelity Fund Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ATTORNEYS FIDELITY FUND
The Attorneys Fidelity Fund (AFF) is responsible for protecting the public from loss by theft of trust funds. The AFF’s main purpose is to reimburse clients who made use of an attorney and could suffer a monetary loss due to theft (either of money or property) which was entrusted to the attorney.
The AFF is a fidelity guarantee fund which encourages the public to make use of services offered by legal practitioners.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Each year, the Attorneys Fidelity Fund awards bursaries to LLB degree students for their final 2 years of study.
Bursary funding will go towards tuition fees only – the amount of which will be determined by the Board of Control.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- Satisfy ONE of the following criteria:
- Completed one of the following qualification: B Comm (Law)/ BA (Law)/ B Proc/ B Iuris OR a similar qualification
- Completed your first 2 years of the revised 4-year LLB curriculum
- Currently in your 2nd year of study (1st semester)
- Currently in your 3rd year of study (1st semester)
- Studying at a recognised South African University
- *Preference will be given to students in great financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Also, download and read the Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary Rules (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Photograph (passport sized) – to be attached to the top right-hand side of the application form
- South Africa ID document OR South African permanent residence (certified copy)
- Latest academic record official transcript (up until the end of the 1st semester of 2019)
- Testimonial by the Dean of your Faculty of Law
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Attorneys Fidelity Fund
PO Box 3062
2) Hand deliver:
Attorneys Fidelity Fund
28 Wale Street
Please note: emailed and faxed applications will not be accepted
15 August 2020 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)