E.V. Adams Scholarship South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – E.V. ADAMS
Adams & Adams, established in 1908, is an African law firm which specialises in intellectual property and commercial services. The internationally recognised company is mainly located in South Africa, with associate offices and branches across the rest of Africa where over 200 professional staff members are employed
The company represents small to medium-sized companies, as well as largest corporations. A&A’s expertise lie in legal and technical disciplines, in commercial law, property law, intellectual property law and litigation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The E.V. Adams Scholarship will be awarded to Law degree students (BCom/ BA/ LLB), to a maximum value of R50 000.
Bursary recipients may be able to take up employment in a Candidate Attorney position within the firm once they have graduated.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & RENEWABILITY
Students may be requested to complete vacation work at Adams & Adams, as well as be an occasional campus-based brand ambassador.
Bursaries are renewable each year based upon satisfactory performance – students must maintain an overall average of 75%.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Strong academic record
- Studying full time towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- First year students: must have maintained a minimum “B” symbol for English AND “C” symbol for Mathematics since Grade 11
- Tertiary students: must have maintained an above average academic record
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.adams.africa/e-v-adams-scholarship-application/
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Recent photo (head and shoulders)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcripts (on university letterhead)
- Motivational letter outlining why you deserve to be awarded a scholarship
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- First year students must add: Grade 11 results
- First year students must add: university proof of registration/ acceptance letter
28 February 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Adams & Adams directly:
Head Office (Pretoria)
Tel: 012 432 6000