ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ASSET
The Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET), a non-profit organisation situated in the Western Cape was founded in January 2003. The organisation previously operated under the wing of the SAIRR (South African Institute of Race Relations), with a longstanding history of assisting disadvantaged students with their educational needs.
As a way of giving back to the disadvantaged community, ASSET has a bursary programme to allow students to pursue their studies who lack the funds to pay for their tuition. Funding is received from not only local and national donors but also international donors.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Each year ASSET award bursaries to students pursuing their first higher certificate/ diploma/ degree qualification at a University or the University of Technology within the Western Cape (University of Cape Town/ University of the Western Cape/ University of the Stellenbosch/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology).
The bursary covers any field of study and the value varies, covering a portion of the tuition, registration and textbook fees. The bursary will be paid directly to the University that the applicant is enrolled in.
Recipients will be selected based on academic merit and financial need. The decision will be made in January by a Selection Committee meeting and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received any feedback by the end of February, regarding your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Western Cape
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Intend on studying full time towards your first higher certificate/ diploma/ degree qualification
- Intend on studying at a University or the University of Technology within the Western Cape (NOT a private institution or FET College)
- Meet the entry requirements at a University or the University of Technology for your chosen course of study
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged communities and those in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Latest Matric/ tertiary results, if finals are not available (certified copy)
- Proof of household income (payslips if employed/ sworn statement or affidavit/ pension advice if applicable)
Applications must be delivered or posted to:
Association for Educational Transformation
5 Long Street
(Note: faxed and emailed applications will NOT be accepted)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ASSET directly:
Tel: 021 685 1025