Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust Bursary 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EPILEPSY SOUTH AFRICA
Epilepsy South Africa, established in 1967 when it was known as the South African National Epilepsy League (SANEL), is a non-profit organisation and sole national organisation within the country which provides comprehensive and specialised services to those affected by epilepsy and other disabilities.
The organisation is dedicated to improving the lives our their target group, as well as to South Africans with intellectual disabilities, hydrocephalus and speech impairments. Epilepsy SA has a National Office located in Cape Town, as well as 6 other regional branches across the rest of the country.
The mission of the organisation is to promote human rights and society for those living with disabilities, particularly people with epilepsy.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE & SELECTION
The Epilepsy SA Educational Trust bursary award is solely aimed at students with epilepsy who wish to study at tertiary level but lack the funding to do so.
This is a partial bursary which will cover tuition fees, between the value of R5 000 and R30 000.
Trustees will meet in November to review applications and final feedback will be provided in December.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 17 years or older
- Have epilepsy
- A member of Epilepsy SA
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Accepted and enrolled to study at a university in South Africa, for your chosen field of study
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Epilepsy SA Educational Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year exam results (if currently in Matric) (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric) (certified copy)
- Latest exam results (certified copy)
- Certificates (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution OR proof of application and explanation of why you have not received proof of acceptance
- Latest payslip
- Proof of family income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of epilepsy (certified copy of doctor or clinic letter)
- Proof of Epilepsy SA membership
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust
PostNet Suite #131
Private Bag X 3
31 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Epilepsy South Africa directly:
Tel: 021 556 3753 / 021 903 1479