ASLA Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ASLA GROUP
ASLA has been in the business of providing fixed infrastructure design and construction solutions, for more than 47 years. The company provides their clients with design and construction solutions in various sectors, including bulk infrastructure, affordable housing, residential, roadworks, reservoirs, pipeline construction, and water and wastewater treatment.
The company operates in the Western Cape (in Strand and George), as well as the Eastern Cape and Northern Cape provinces.
ABOUT THE ASLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
ASLA is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Building/ Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
MORE ABOUT THE ASLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to provide more information/ documents or to attend an interview. If you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ASLA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, in one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be entering your final year of study in 2023
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be interested in pursuing a career in Construction Engineering
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ASLA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at ASLA Bursary Application 2023/ 2023
Enter “https://zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the ASLA bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online bursary application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document/ ID card (certified copy)
- ID photograph
- Full academic record including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ASLA BURSARY
30 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ASLA directly:
Tel: 021 845 8335
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.