FEM Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – FEM
Federated Employers Mutual Assurance Company (RF) Pty Limited (FEM), founded in 1936, provides construction companies and their employees with specialised insurance cover, against injuries or illnesses contracted in the workplace.
The FEM Education Foundation (FEMEF), is a non-profit organisation that aims to make a significant impact in improving education in South Africa. Since the Foundation was formed in 2016, R750 million has been paid to the foundation to help their efforts.
ABOUT THE FEM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
FEM is inviting students from disadvantaged backgrounds, who cannot afford to fund their studies, to apply for a bursary award for the 2022 academic year. FEM will be awarding bursaries for undergraduate studies, towards qualifications that will contribute to their sector, including: Engineering, the Built Environment and Health Sciences.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, stationery, accommodation, meals and a monthly stipend. Students may also receive a laptop (at FEM’s discretion)
ABOUT THE FEM BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWABILITY & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary is awarded for one academic year at a time and is renewable annually, subject to the following factors: completing registered modules, participating in community service and at FEM’s discretion.
There is no work-back obligation after students have graduated – they are welcome to pursue employment anywhere.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FEM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying full-time towards a first undergraduate degree or diploma, in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must have completed your 1st year of study (bursary funding will NOT be granted to 1st year students and postgraduate students)
- You must be studying at an approved institution or public University in South Africa
- You must have a total household income of NO MORE than R360 000 per year
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must NOT have any outstanding fees/ debts at your university from previous years
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursaries/ scholarships of awards (partial or full)
- You must be in financial need and not able to fund your own studies
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FEM BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: FEM Bursary Application 2022
You will also be required to upload clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document/ ID card (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips or bank statements if employed, affidavit if unemployed, affidavit if an informal worker, proof of SASSA grant/ disability grant/ other grant or pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased, divorce certificate if divorced)
- Proof of registration from tertiary institution if there are any other student dependents in your household
Note: all certified documents must be no older than 3 months old.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FEM BURSARY
3 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact FEM directly:
Tel: 011 359 4300
Candidates should read the bursary FAQ’s before submitting any queries.