Agribusiness Centenary Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AGBIZ
Agbiz was established as the Co-operative Council, in order to represent the interests of agricultural co-operatives in the year 1946. However, in 1995 the company underwent a name change to Agricultural Co-operative Business (ACB), following South Africa’s deregulation of agriculture. Another name change took place in 2003, to the Agricultural Business Chamber (ABC). Finally, in 2012 the ABC was relaunched as Agbiz.
Today, Agbiz is an association of agribusinesses who operate in South Africa and southern Africa. The companues slogan is, “The way to prosperity”. They are ultimately responsible for ensuring that agribusiness positively influences the development, transformation and economic growth of South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Fund was initiated to celebrate Agbiz members who celebrated their 100 years of existence. The bursary aims to promote the research of agribusiness related fields, at Masters or PhD level. Each year, Agbiz will award one postgraduate bursary worth R35 000 to deserving students via the Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Programme.
Bursaries will be awarded to postgraduate (Masters or PhD degree) students the following fields of study:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agribusiness Management
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed a related undergraduate qualification
- Registered or qualified to register for a postgraduate (PhD/ Masters) degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Registered to study at a recognised South African university
- Excellent academic results
*Preference will be given to students pursuing the most relevant field of study, as well as students who agree to be guided by Agbiz in selecting a research topic.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete Agbiz Centenary Bursary Application Form
You are also required to read the Agbiz Centenary Bursary T&C’s (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ proof of SA citizenship (certified copy)
- Full academic record (on tertiary letterhead) stating completion of an undergraduate degree
- Proof of registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of recommendation from head of department or academic supervisor (max 1 page)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary and how the bursary will be used (max 1 page)
- Declaration of any other funding/ bursary programme that you receive (if applicable)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
PO Box 76297
Your application should be clearly marked as follows: “Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Application – Your Full Name”
6 December 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Agribusiness Centenary directly:
Contact Person: Natalie van Harte
Tel: 012 807 6686