Genesis Analytics Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GENESIS ANALYTICS
Genesis Analytics was founded in 1998 as the first specialist microeconomics consultancy firm in the country. Microeconomics is the study of labour, product and capital markets. The firm makes use of its analytical capabilities to unlock value for its clients, by improving the decision-making process.
The Genesis Analytics Educational Foundation Trust was formed in order that the firm could assist previously disadvantaged students who are pursuing their postgraduate studies in Economics.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | SERVICE CONTRACT
Bursaries will be awarded to those studying towards an Economics degree (majoring in Economics), either in the last year of their undergraduate degree or in their postgraduate studies (Honours or Masters).
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to take up full-time employment at Genesis Analytics.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Previously disadvantaged student
- Studying in the aforementioned field of study (in the last year of an undergraduate degree or in a postgraduate degree)
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% throughout undergraduate and postgraduate studies
- Eligible to apply to study towards a Honours or Master’s degree in Economics/ Politics and Economics (PPE)/ Philosophy in the upcoming year at a recognised university (within the country or internationally)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at http://www.genesis-analytics.com/recruitment/bursaries
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
- Full academic record/ transcripts (certified copies)
- Assignment from the current academic year
BURSARY SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary process will proceed as follows:
1) Applicants will be screen against the aforementioned eligibility criteria
2) Applicants who pass the eligibility criteria test will take part in an online technical case study
3) Applicants will then go on to take part in an online and face-to-face psychometric assessment
4) Applicants will then be required to attend an interview
5) Applicants will then be ratified by the Genesis Trustees
6) The bursary is then confirmed and awarded to the successful candidates
(This assessment takes place in July and August each year, during the Graduate Recruitment process)
7 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Genesis Analytics directly:
Contact Person: Zandile Shabangu (Grad Recruitment Specialist)
Tel: 011 9947 000