Absa Cybersecurity Academy Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
Absa Cybersecurity Academy Scholarship South Africa; ABOUT THE INSTITUTION – ABSA CYBERSECURITY ACADEMY | HEIN WAGNER ACADEMY
The Absa Cybersecurity Academy was launched in 2019 in Johannesburg, South Africa, by the African financial services provider: the Absa Group. The Cybersecurity Academy has since gone on to establish a second branch in Cape Town, South Africa, and aims to establish Africa as a global cybersecurity skills hub.
The Hein Wagner Academy was founded in 2019 by Hein Wagner, a blind extreme adventurer and motivational speaker. The Academy is located in Worcester, South Africa and offers a range of nationally and internationally Accredited Tertiary courses, for visually impaired individuals.
ABOUT THE ABSA CYBERSECURITY ACADEMY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Absa Group, partnered with the Hein Wagner Academy are inviting visually impaired students to apply for a scholarship at the Absa Cybersecurity Academy. This collaboration will be launching the first Cybersecurity Academy for the visually impaired in South Africa, which is focused on developing marginalised, unemployed youths in a globally scarce skill.
The 2 year programme at the Absa Cybersecurity Academy for the Blind based in Worcester, Cape Town, will allow for scholars to gain the following skills and knowledge:
- Year 1: will provide a strong technical foundation with 3 international certificates (A+, N+ and S+), as well as a national qualification and focus on personal mastery/ soft skills.
- Year 2: will focus on learning to code in Python, CCNA DevNet (Agile) and CCNA Cyber Operations, which qualifies students as Cybersecurity Analysts.
Read more about the Cyber Security Program here.
Students will be selected based on 2 main criteria: academic performance and financial need.
MORE ABOUT THE ABSA CYBERSECURITY ACADEMY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The full scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, specialised learning technologies, food and travel expenses, as well as a monthly stipend.
Candidates who satisfy all of the minimum requirements will be required to undergo a rigorous selection process. Once a decision has been made, candidates will be notified if they will be receiving the scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ABSA CYBERSECURITY ACADEMY SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric or a Matric-equivalent qualification
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for English, in Matric or Matric-equivalent
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old
- You must be sight-impaired (visually impaired or blind)
- You must be previously disadvantaged
- You must be computer literate with typing skills and screen reader experience
- You must have typing skills and screen reader experience
- You must NOT be currently or previously participated in a formal learnership or internship programme
- You must reside in Worcester, Western Cape or be willing to relocate there for the entire duration of the programme
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ABSA CYBERSECURITY ACADEMY SCHOLARSHIP
Students interested in applying, must submit clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or highest qualification certificate (certified copy)
- Covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Note: there is no application form to be completed – students need only submit the above supporting documents to apply.
Applications may be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Absa Cybersecurity Academy Scholarship Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ABSA CYBERSECURITY ACADEMY SCHOLARSHIP
3 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Hein Wagner Academy directly:
Tel: 023 346 6800
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or Sms If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications For 2021
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities