KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship South Africa 2024
KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – KAS | SAIIA
KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship South Africa | The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation which aims to promote democracy by way of political education and training. KAS operates globally, with offices also located in Cape Town and Johannesburg, South Africa.
South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) is an independent, non-government research institute located in South Africa, which focuses on regional and international issues.
ABOUT THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is inviting postgraduate students to apply for the KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme, for the 2024 academic year.
The scholarship will cover Masters degree studies, within the following fields, at these selected universities:
- University of the Witwatersrand (Wits): Master’s degree by course work in International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism and other related subjects within the Humanities and Social Sciences discipline.
- University of Cape Town (UCT), Stellenbosch University (SU), or the University of the Western Cape (UWC): Master’s programme at the Political Science Departments.
MORE ABOUT THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
Scholarship recipients at Wits will be required to work at SAIIA’s offices in Johannesburg, while studying. And scholarship recipients at UCT, SU and UWC will be required to work at SAIIA’s offices in Cape Town, while studying.
The scholarship will provide full cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, as well as a monthly stipend for accommodation and general living expenses.
The scholarship will run from 1 February 2024 until 30 November 2024.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must NOT be older than 30 years old
- You must intend on studying towards a Masters degree in one of the fields listed above, in 2024 (the scholarship does NOT fund students who have already completed a first year of their Master’s programme)
- You must intend on studying at one of the following Universities: University of Cape Town, University of the Western, Stellenbosch University or University of the Witwatersrand
- You must meet the minimum requirements for a Masters degree at your selected University
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at: KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship Application 2024
After completing the application above, candidates will receive an email with further application instructions.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Support or endorsement letter from a current lecturer for enrollment into a Masters Programme
- Curriculum Vitae with a minimum of 1 additional written reference
- Full academic record to date
- 2 samples of your own writing
- Motivational letter explaining why you are applying for the scholarship and why you should be selected (maximum 1 page/ 750 words) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Research area of interest and/or a potential topic for your Masters Dissertation (maximum 100 words)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP
22 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) directly:
Contact person: Khetiwe Chitambira-Mude
Or contact Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS):
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.