Zutari Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ZUTARI
Zutari, formerly known “Aurecon” which was founded in 2009, is an engineering consultancy and trusted advisory. The company will have officially completed their rebranding as Zutari by the 21 July 2020, this comes after Aurecon announced their separation from the Aurecon Group in October 2019.
The new name Zutari is a derivative of 2 Swahili words “mzulia” (which means invent) and “nectari” (which means nectar) – Swahili is the top spoken language on the African continent. The new name also represents the companies creativity and innovation, balanced with analytical and technical engineering.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Zutari will be awarding bursaries for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Civil Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Electronic Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Mechatronics Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- other related disciplines (BSc/ BEng)
The bursary award will provide funding up to a maximum of R120 000 per year, as well as practical training or vacation work in your field of qualification.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, RENEWABILITY & SELECTION PROCESS
Bursaries are renewable annually based on satisfactory academic performance and financial need.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to panel interviews, taking place in Cape Town, Pretoria or Durban. Successful candidates are then offered bursary agreements.
Once students have graduated, they are required to work for Zutari – one year of work for each year of bursary funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Current Matric students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75% AND a minimum of level 7 for Mathematics and Physical Science
- Current 1st-year students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- Current 2nd-year students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- Current 3rd-year students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups within South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://zutari.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Zutari/job/Tshwane/Undergraduate-Bursary-Programme—2021_R14588
(Reference number: R14588)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students: Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results (certified copies)
- Current 1st/ 2nd/3rd-year students: Matric certificate AND full tertiary academic record (certified copies)
- Proof of University registration or acceptance
- Curriculum Vitae (in PDF or MS Word format)
15 September 2020.
(Applications open on 15 July 2020).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Zutari directly:
Pretoria office – Tel: 012 427 2000, Email: email@example.com
Johannesburg office – Tel: 011 214 4500, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Town office – Tel: 021 526 9400, Email: email@example.com
Port Elizabeth office – Tel: 041 503 3900, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.facebook.com/Aurecon – send a message and the recruitment team will get back to you.