Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary South Africa 2024
Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY
Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary South Africa | The Western Cape Government is responsible for providing services and creating laws for the people residing in its province. They work hand-in-hand with Western Cape municipalities and the national government to ensure that their citizens have access to information, facilities and services.
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury provides the province with strategic financial leadership and is a major role player in achieving the desired socio-economic and governance outcomes of the province. Their vision is good financial governance by way of enabling quality service delivery through partnerships; improving accountability and oversight; capacity building within the public sector finance and creating public value.
ABOUT THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Western Cape province, who are passionate about making a change in society. Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate or postgraduate studies in these fields:
- Built Environment and Project Management (preferably Construction Economics/ Management; Population Studies; Transport Economics or related courses)
- Data Science
- Information Sciences
- Supply Chain Management
The bursary programme was established in 2008 as a way to help disadvantaged students fund their studies, and thereby equip students with skills that are required in the job force.
MORE ABOUT THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your bursary application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the previous year of study (at high school or university)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Postgraduate students: you must have completed a Bachelors degree in at least one of the fields listed above
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary Application 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Western Cape Provincial Treasury bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Grade 11 November results and Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration or acceptance (on institutions letterhead)
- Degree certificate, if already obtained (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Proof of residential address in the Western Cape
CLOSING DATE FOR THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY
29 September 2023 (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Western Cape Provincial Treasury directly:
Tel: 021 483 4823 / 021 483 6127
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.