Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY
The Western Cape Government is responsible for provides services and creating laws for the people residing in its province. They work hand-in-hand with Western Cape municipalities and the national government to ensure that their citizens have access to information, facilities and services.
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury provides the province with strategic financial leadership and is a major role player in achieving the desired socio-economic and governance outcomes of the province. Their vision is good financial governance by way of enabling quality service delivery through partnerships; improving accountability and oversight; capacity building within the public sector finance and creating public value.
ABOUT THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Western Cape Government Provincial Treasury is inviting students residing within the Western Cape province to apply for bursary funding. The bursary programme was established in 2008 as a way to help disadvantaged students fund their studies, and thereby equip students with skills that are required in the job force.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in these fields:
- Supply Chain Management
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for the previous year of study (at high school or university)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Postgraduate students: you must have completed a B. degree in at least one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY
Applications must be done online at Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary Application
Note: students who have applied before 19 June 2021 will be required to apply again to ensure their details have been captured correctly.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Grade 11 November results and Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary application or acceptance letter (on institutions letterhead)
- Degree or Diploma certificate, if already obtained (certified copy)
- Proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
CLOSING DATE FOR THE WESTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL TREASURY BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Western Cape Provincial Treasury directly:
Tel: 021 483 4823 or 021 483 6127
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round