Webber Wentzel Scholarship South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – WEBBER WENTZEL
Webber Wentzel by formed in 1868 by 5 founders, namley Walter Webber, Charles Augustus Wentzel, Henry Charles Hull, Edward Solomon and Henry Bowen. The African law firm has its headquarters based in Johannesburg and is named as one of the “Big Five law firms” in South Africa.
The companies expertise fall into the following groups – Tax Law; Corporate Law; Commercial Law; Dispute Resolution; Banking, Projects & Regulatory Law. Webber Wentzel is a level 2 BBBEE contributor and employs around 800 staff members, including more than 450 lawyers. In 2003, the company formed a Pro Bono Practice Group, a team of experts who provide free and dedicated legal services.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Webber Wentzel have 10 partial scholarships to award to South African Law students, to the value of R50 000 each.
The scholarship will cover the following expense: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks and accommodation.
Students who excel in their studies, may be given the opportunity to be employed by Webber Wentzel as candidate attorneys, on completion of their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary educational institution
- Registered to study penultimate year toward an LLB degree qualification
- Maintain a minimum academic average of 65%
- Strong academic results
*Preference will be given to students who show academic excellence, as well as those from historically disadvantaged backgrounds and those in financial need.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Webber Wentzel Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (of LLB degree course) up until November of the current academic year
- Academic transcripts of any other undergraduate qualification and relevant qualifications
- Latest tertiary fee statement
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse/ your own proof of income (latest payslips if employed, sworn affidavits if unemployed, financial statements if self-employed)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse death certificates if deceased (certified copy) (if unavailable, submit sworn affidavits)
- Parents/ own divorce certificate if divorced (certified copy) (sworn affidavits if separated but not divorced)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Webber Wentzel Scholarship Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Webber Wentzel directly:
Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team
Contact Person: Phindile Hlabangane (Graduate Recruitment Manager) / Nokwazi Sibiya (Graduate Recruitment Consultant)
Tel: 011 530 5432 / 011 530 5323