Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – VULAMATHUBA EMPUMELELO
Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary South Africa | Vulamathuba Empumelelo is the community and social development arm of Communicare, which focuses on providing socio-economic development support to Communicare tenants and people in the surrounding neighbourhoods.
Vulamathuba is the administrator of the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund (VEBF), which aims to allow students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, to pursue tertiary studies towards qualifications that are described as a scarce or critical skill.
ABOUT THE VULAMATHUBA EMPUMELELO BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Vulamathuba Empumelelo is inviting students to apply for the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund (VEBF), for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to economically disadvantaged students within the City of Cape Town, for Undergraduate studies within scarce or critical skills fields, on a full-time or part-time basis.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE VULAMATHUBA EMPUMELELO BURSARY – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks, study-related materials relevant to your course and examination fees. The maximum cover for tuition fees will be R40 000 and the maximum cover for prescribed materials will be R5 000.
The bursary will NOT cover electronic devices, stationery, outstanding study loans or tuition expenses.
MORE ABOUT THE VULAMATHUBA EMPUMELELO BURSARY – SELECTION
Bursaries are awarded each year and are renewed based on Vulamathuba Empumelelo’s discretion.
Vulamathuba will contact shortlisted candidates by no later than 7 December 2022. If you do not receive any feedback within 2 months after the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Successful bursary recipients will be required to sign an agreement with Vulamathuba Empumelelo.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VULAMATHUBA EMPUMELELO BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR have a Permanent Residency Permit/ Work Visa in South Africa
- You must reside within the Cape Metro Region
- You must be between 19 and 50 years old
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time or part-time, towards an undergraduate qualification, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (including TVET Colleges and Universities)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need (this will be determined by a means test)
- You must have a gross household income of NOT more than R350 000 per annum
- You may be employed or unemployed
- You may be living with or without a disability
- You must be enthusiastic
- You must be highly driven and motivated
- You must have a positive attitude
- You must be creative and innovative
- You must have good communication skills
- You must be a problem solver
- You must be a team player
- You must be willing and able to volunteer (see volunteer services on page 5 of the application form)
- Preference will be given to; students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and students who have been accepted to study at public institutions in the Western Cape province
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VULAMATHUBA EMPUMELELO BURSARY
Download and complete the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Application 2022
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or passport (certified copy)
- Permanent Residency Permit or Work Visa, if not a South African citizen (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of application, registration or admission to a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- ID document, Passport or Birth Certificate of all household members (spouse/ parents/ guardians and all other household members (certified copy)
- 3 months’ most recent bank statements of all household members (your own, spouse, parents, guardians, and all other household members)
- 3 months’ most recent proof of ALL income of all household members (your own, spouse, parents, guardians, and all other household members):
- Latest payslips if employed (certified copy)
- Affidavit if unemployed (certified copy)
- Administration order, Court order, Divorce order, and Maintenance order, if applicable (certified copy)
- Marriage Certificate if applicable (certified copy)
- Death certificate if parent/s are deceased (certified copy)
- An affidavit explaining circumstances if you are supported by someone, not a parent or legal guardian (certified copy)
- Motivational essay (minimum 250 words – see page 3 of the application form for more info) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Note: documents must have been certified within the last 6 months.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert your first name and surname in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund C/O Communicare/ Vulamathuba
Park Lane Office Park
CLOSING DATE FOR THE VULAMATHUBA EMPUMELELO BURSARY
30 November 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Vulamathuba Empumelelo directly:
Contact person: Lebohang Booi
Tel: 021 421 6008
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round