Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) Bursary 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – VWSA
Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA), formed in 1946, produces components for the entire Volkswagen Group at its Uitenhage plant, as well as producing the popular VW Polo and Cross Polo. VWSA is owned by the subsidiary company Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (VWAG) in Germany, which is also South Africa’s biggest German investment.
The company has become the Eastern Cape’s biggest private employer and has thus built enduring relationships with communities across South Africa.
VWSA has launched numerous projects with their “Volkswagen for Good” initiative, including Literacy for Kwa-Nobuhle which helps to ensure that the children of Uitenhage learn to read fluently by the age of 10; the Show of Hands volunteer programme whereby VWSA employees and their families volunteer for various causes; The Children of VW Bursary which allows children of VW employees who have good grades, to attend top schools in the area as well as attend extra Mathematics and Science lessons; Young Entrepreneurs Programme which helps shape the mind of kids aged 7 to 15, by teaching them about entrepreneurship.
ABOUT THE VW BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) is inviting students within the Digitial and Web sector, to apply for their bursary programme. VW are committed to helping address the skills shortage and assist with youth skills development, by providing full financial support in the form of a bursary award. Students pursuing studies in these fields should apply for the 2021 VW Bursary:
- Computer Science
- Digital Design
- Digital Marketing
- Web Design
MORE ABOUT THE VW BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The VW bursary will provide cover for the following study-related expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, books, stationery accommodation and meals. Students will also receive the following benefits:
- Extra study support
- Mentorship and development during the course of the bursary programme
- Laptop use for studies purposes
- Expenses Paid vacation work during University holidays
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 30 April 2021 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Candidates will be required to attend an interview, as well as take part in psychometric assessments and screening before the final selection is made. Successful bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary contract with the company.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VW BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen or a South African permanent resident
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduates qualification in one of the aforementioned fields
- Must have achieved a Bachelors Pass in Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at the tertiary level if currently studying
- Must meet VWSA’s Equity requirements
- Must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VW BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum eligibility criteria can apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “VWSA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Submit attach copies of the following supporting documentation to your application email (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Letter from the Department of Labour, if a permanent resident but not a South African citizen
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary institution letterhead)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- A motivational letter stating why you would like to be a recipient of the VWSA bursary programme
CLOSING DATE FOR THE VW BURSARY
29 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) directly: