Vodacom Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – VODACOM
Vodacom Bursary South Africa | Vodacom Group Limited (Vodacom), founded in 1994, is a South African mobile communications company that provides data; voice; messaging, and converged services to its more than 50 million customers. Previously owned by Telkom and Vodafone (who each held 50% shares), in 2008 Vodafone increased its stake in the company to 65%, while Telkom declared to list their remaining shares on the JSE. Vodacom is South Africa’s top cellular network with around 58% of the country’s market share.
The company now operates not only in South Africa but also has networks in Lesotho; Mozambique; Tanzania and the DRC, as well as providing services to customers in more than 40 countries in Africa, including Zambia; Nigeria; Angola; Ghana; Kenya; Cameroon and Côte d’Ivoire.
ABOUT THE VODACOM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Vodacom is inviting students to apply for their academic Merit Bursary, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate studies within STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics). (Postgraduate students may also be funded at Vodacom’s discretion.)
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all the details about the Vodacom Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE VODACOM BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & OTHER BENEFITS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbook allowance, meal allowance, and accommodation in a university residence or capped allowance for private accommodation.
Bursary recipients will also receive a laptop and cellphone, as well as the following benefits: orientation workshop for all new bursary students, workplace exposure via the structured Vacation Work program, work readiness skill training for final year students to gain skills to enter the working world and full access to Wellness Programme (ICAS) services.
MORE ABOUT THE VODACOM BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION & CONTRACT
Bursaries will be awarded for the entire duration of the degree qualification – subject to recipients maintaining satisfactory academic results, and submitting proof of academic results each year.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by no later than 15 December 2023.
After the final selection is made, recipients will need to enter into a contractual agreement with Vodacom. Should selected students may not to accept the bursary offer, they must notify Vodacom within 48 hours.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VODACOM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen by birth
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields of study listed above (postgraduate funding may be offered at Vodacom’s discretion)
- You must be entering the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year of full-time study
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must achieve an exemption pass in Matric and a minimum result of 70% for all subjects
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at the tertiary level if you are in 1st year
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT have a criminal record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VODACOM BURSARY
Students must follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Register an account on the Vodacom Bursary Platform
(You will need to provide your ID number, email address, contact number, password, and your course of study)
Step 2: Await a verification email with a link
Step 3: Use the verification link to Login into your account, using your email address and password
Step 4: Fill in the online application form, which includes: personal details, contact details, education history, leadership positions, current obligations
Step 5: Upload your supporting documents as listed below
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Vodacom bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 results and Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institution letterhead)
- Fee statement, if currently studying (on institution letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance into a tertiary institution (on institution letterhead)
- Proof of any other bursary awards currently held
- A completed Parental Consent Form (for applicants under 18 years old)
After submitting an application, all candidates will receive a confirmation email from Vodacom. The Bursary Management team will carefully assess each application and provide feedback every step of the way!
Applicants can also view the status of their application via the bursary application website.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE VODACOM BURSARY
22 September 2023 (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Vodacom directly:
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.