University of KwaZulu-Natal Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – UKZN
University of KwaZulu-Natal Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024; On 1 January 2004, the University of KwaZulu-Natal was created owing to the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merging. These two former universities were one of the few institutions to merge in accordance with the higher educational restructuring plans of the South African government at the time.
The vision of the University of KwaZulu-Natal is to be the premier University of African Scholarship and its mission is to be a proudly South African institution that promoted academic excellence and research that is innovative, engaged with society, and entrepreneurial.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal is split up into four main colleges: College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science (AES); College of Law and Management; College of Humanities; and College of Health Sciences.
ABOUT THE UKZN BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The University of KwaZulu-Natal is inviting students from their university, to apply for bursary funding for the 2023 academic year..
The bursary programme is open to students in financial need, who are unfunded. The bursary is applicable for studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s following colleges:
- College of Agriculture, Engineering Sciences (Howard, Pietermaritzburg or Westville campus)
- College of Health Science (Howard and Medical School or Westville campus)
- College of Humanities
- College of Law | Management Studies (Westville or Pietermaritzburg campus)
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the University of KwaZulu-Natal Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UKZN BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be registered or intend on registering to study as a full time, at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, for the 2023 academic year.
- You must study within one of the colleges listed above
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 55% for your degree studies
- You must have a family home income of NO MORE than R350 000 per annum
- You must be in financial need
- You must either have no funding for the 2023 academic year. OR you must have outstanding debt
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UKZN BURSARY
Download and complete the UKZN Bursary Application Form 2022(.docx)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, SASSA confirmation if receiving a grant) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians marriage certificate, if married (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians death certificates, if deceased (certified copy)
Note: documents should not be older than 3 months.
Applications must be submitted to the Financial Aid Advisor of your relevant college:
College of Agriculture, Engineering Sciences:
- Howard campus: (Contact person: Ms Linda Mdunge, email: Mdungel@ukzn.ac.za)
- Pietermaritzburg campus (Contact person: Ms Marcia Ntamote, email: NtamoteM@ukzn.ac.za)
- Westville campus: (Contact person: Mr Mbongiseni Mkhize, email: Mkhizemb@ukzn.ac.za)
College of Health Science:
- Howard and Medical School campus: (Contact person: Mr Bongumusa Gumbi, email: Gumbib5@ukzn.ac.za)
- Westville campus: (Contact person: Mr Jay Maharajh, email: Maharajhj1@ukzn.ac.za)
College of Humanities:
- (All campuses, email: CHUMBursaryApp@ukzn.ac.za)
College of Law | Management Studies:
- Westville campus: (Contact person: Mrs Merci Rajkumar, email: Rajkumarma@ukzn.ac.za )
- Pietermaritzburg campus (Contact person: Mr Sandile Mngadi, email: Ndimandes1@ukzn.ac.za)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UKZN BURSARY
1 February 2022 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal directly:
Contact person: Nazo Nxumalo (SRC Treasurer General)
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024