Tronox Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TRONOX
Tronox Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023, Tronox is a leading global mining company that focuses on the mining and processing of zircon, titanium ore, and many other minerals. Tronox produces titanium dioxide pigments that are used to brighten and add durability to items such as plastic, paper, and paints.
Tronox is a global workforce known for its diversity and commitment to business practices that are sustainable and safe- ensuring that value is brought to all who aid in the company’s growth (customers, shareholders, and business partners.)
KwaZulu-Natal is one of Tronox’s many Sands Operations. The KwaZulu-Natal Sands operation is located in Empangeni and consists of the Central Processing Complex in Empangeni, and the Fairbreeze Mine at Mtunzini. Hydraulic mining techniques are used at the Fairbreeze Mines, and the main mineral extracted from this mine is heavy mineral concentrate (HMC.) The Fairbreeze Mines then transport the HMC to the Mineral Separation Plant in Empangeni, where it is used to produce rutile, zircon, and ilmenite. The supply chain of this mineral is essential to not only Tronox KwaZulu-Natal but also their 694 employees and the country as a whole.
ABOUT THE TRONOX BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
Tronox is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate Degree studies (B Eng/ BSc/ B Tech) within these fields:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Survey (Underground)
MORE ABOUT THE TRONOX BURSARY – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book fees, allowance for residence fees and allowance for meals.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in practical work as prescribed by the institution of study, as well as receive exciting career prospects.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 4 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Tronox Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TRONOX BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have recently matriculated or been in your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of Level 6 for Mathematics and Science, and Level 5 for English in Matric (if not yet studying)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in your most recent studies (if currently studying)
- Preference will be given to students from the Saldanha and Matzikama municipal areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TRONOX BURSARY
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Covering letter stating the discipline you are applying for
- Curriculum Vitae
- Matric final results, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- 2021 final year results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of residence
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Mabel.Terblanche@Tronox.com
(Insert the words “Tronox Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE TRONOX BURSARY
- Students may only apply for 1 discipline/ field of study.
- Applicants must abide by the minimum entry requirements as prescribed by their university.
- Applicants will go through a selection process which includes psychometric assessments, background screening and medical examinations.
- After graduation, bursary recipients will be placed at any of Tronox Business Unit Operations.
- Tronox will select candidates in line with the Employment Equity Policy.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TRONOX BURSARY
22 April 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE TRONOX BURSARY
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Tronox directly:
Contact portal: https://www.tronox.com/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round