Toyota South Africa Motors Bursary 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TOYOTA
Toyota Motor Corporation is a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturing company, founded in 1937. Not only is the company the second biggest automotive manufacturer across the globe, but they are also one of the top sellers of hybrid electric vehicles.
Toyota South Africa Motors was incorporated in 1946 and is a distributor of Toyota vehicles within Southern Africa. They sell commercial and passenger Toyota motor vehicles, such as bakkies, sedans, hatches, vans, SUVs, MPVs and coupes, they also sell accessories, parts and services for their vehicles.
In 2002, Toyota South Africa Motors began operating as a subsidiary company of Toyota Motor Corporation.
ABOUT THE TOYOTA SA MOTORS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Toyota South Africa Motors is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. The Toyota SA Motors bursary fund was formed with the aim of providing support to communities it operations in – specifically to youth who have excelled academically and show strong leadership potential.
Toyota aims to provide tertiary students with financial assistance to continue their studies, as well as workplace experience through vacation work and their flagship graduate programme.
The bursary programme, administered by StudyTrust, is open to students pursuing qualifications in the following fields of study:
- Accounting (Non CA) (degree must include: Accounting, Auditing, Management Accounting and Taxation)
- Business Mathematics and Informatics
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Business Science Analytics
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TOYOTA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for English in Matric
- You must be studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at tertiary level (if you have achieved above 80% average at tertiary level, you will only need a minimum of 65% at Matric level)
- You must have a total household income of NO more than R750 000 per year
- You must have leadership potential
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TOYOTA BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Toyota South Africa Motors Bursary Application 2022
Please note: students who meet the eligibility criteria for the Toyota SA Motors bursary will be allowed to apply for the bursary and one other bursary (on the Xhuma platform). Applicants must clearly state that they wish to apply for the Toyota bursary.
Candidates can read about the Application Process here.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TOYOTA BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for the Toyota South Africa Motors Bursary) directly:
Contact page: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round