Toyota South Africa Motors Bursary 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TOYOTA
Toyota Motor Corporation is a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturing company, founded in 1937. Not only is the company the second biggest automotive manufacturer across the globe, but they are also one of the top sellers of hybrid electric vehicles.
Toyota South Africa Motors was incorporated in 1946 and is a distributor of Toyota vehicles within Southern Africa. They sell commercial and passenger Toyota motor vehicles, such as bakkies, sedans, hatches, vans, SUVs, MPVs and coupes, they also sell accessories, parts and services for their vehicles.
In 2002, Toyota South Africa Motors began operating as a subsidiary company of Toyota Motor Corporation.
ABOUT THE TOYOTA SA MOTORS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
ABOUT THE TOYOTA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
StudyTrust on behalf of Toyota South Africa Motors (TSAM), is inviting students to apply for the Toyota Recruitment Bursary, for the 2022 and 2023 academic years.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate degree studies (B Business Science, B Com, B Sc and B Eng), within the following fields:
- Analytics (Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Accounting (Non-CA)
- Computer Science
- Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering)
- Financial Management
- Human Resources (including Industrial Psychology)
- Information Systems
MORE ABOUT THE TOYOTA BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
TSAM is offering a full-cost bursary, as well as cover for medical aid, professional development and mentoring & psychosocial support.
Toyota is looking for students whose personal qualities align with the companies leadership principles, which include:
- Accountability (people are encouraged to expose and solve problems)
- Asking questions (mentally engaging with processes and practices and developing skills through analysing reasons and facts)
- Practice (repetition of good practice leads to excellence – be humble, willing to learn, and constantly challenge yourself)
- Continuous improvement (striving to do better each day)
- Respect for people (teamwork and respecting everyone in their uniqueness and diversity)
- Autonomy to all employees (people are encouraged to become the owners of the processes in which they work and everyone is allowed to suggest different types of improvements)
- Servant leader (the leader is present when work is done, contributes to the process and makes improvements with employees)
MORE ABOUT THE TOYOTA BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to apply for a position in a relevant TSAM graduate development programme. Bursars may also be required to work for the company, for an equal duration of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend an interview, to determine whether they are a good fit for the Toyota culture. Thereafter, selected candidates will be required to undergo psychometric assessments to determine their learning agility and problem-solving traits.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TOYOTA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a degree in one of the fields listed above
- You must be enrolled at a public University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for English in Matric
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65% at the tertiary level
- You must have leadership potential
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TSAM BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Toyota South Africa Motors Bursary Application 2022/ 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of university enrolment
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income
- Proof of address
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relate to your talents; interests and envisaged career, your personal Statement to headline your application profile)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TSAM BURSARY
31 July 2022 (for the 2022 academic year).
30 September 2022 (for the 2023 academic year).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 403 1632
Mobile: 087 511 3373
Contact page: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.