Toughees Bursary Competition South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY COMPETITION PROVIDER – TOUGHEES
Toughees Bursary Competition South Africa 2024 | Toughees is a brand that forms part of the BATA South Africa portfolio, and since 1954, has been a trusted children’s school shoe brand built on a heritage that values superior quality and a rich history.
All Toughees school shoes are manufactured locally in KwaZulu-Natal, at the base of the Drakensberg mountains.
The shoe brand was created with durability in mind, designed to meet the needs of South African students, many of which walk long distances to and from school. Each year, about 4 million pairs of Toughees school shoes are sold, making it a market leader and household favorite.
ABOUT THE TOUGHEES BURSARY COMPETITION
Toughees is inviting students to apply for their bursary competition, for the 2024 academic year. Made possible by BATA South Africa, the bursary forms part of Toughees’ “Made Tough” competition.
The bursary is targeted at students in primary (Grades 1 to 7) and high school (Grades 8 to 12). This competition aims to award 10 lucky students their share of R200 000, to cover any outstanding school fees for the 2024 academic year.
MORE ABOUT THE TOUGHEES BURSARY COMPETITION
- The prize money will be paid directly to the students’ schools.
- The schools will need to provide Toughees an invoice stating the amount of school fees that is still outstanding, as well as the entrants’ (i.e. parent(s)/ guardian(s)) and winner’s (i.e. student’s) details.
- The prize will be divided equally among each student, equating to R20 000 each.
- Should an entrant have more than one child attending a nominated school, then the allocated amount of R20 000 may be divided among each child’s fees.
- Successful applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date (this will happen no later than 15 March 2024).
- By entering the competition, parent(s)/ guardian(s) of the student consent to Toughees using the winners names and photographs for advertising and promotional material for the “Made Tough” competition.
- The winning students’ full names will be posted on Toughees’ social media platforms.
- Entrants have the right to ask Toughees to remove their child’s name from these social media platforms and not take part in any publicity.
- The “Made Tough” competition is not open to directors, partners, agents, employees, or consultants, (or the family members/ associates of such individuals) of the BATA South Africa group of companies/ brands or any supplier of goods/ services affiliated with the programme.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Toughees Bursary Competition.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TOUGHEES BURSARY COMPETITION
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a legal resident of South Africa
- You must be a natural person, and not a juristic entity
- The entrant (parent/ guardian) must be over the age of 18 years old
- The child must be in Primary or High School (Grade 1 to Grade 12)
- You must read and agree to Toughees Bursary T&C’s
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TOUGHEES BURSARY COMPETITION
Candidates must follow these steps to apply for the Toughees’ “Made Tough” bursary competition:
Step 1: Purchase a pair of Toughees to qualify for entry into the competition.
Step 2: Submit your till slip/ proof of purchase along with your name, surname and email address via:
- WhatsApp: 087 250 0811
- By scanning the QR code
- Visiting the Toughees Bursary website
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Toughees bursary.
Step 3: Toughees will then require a certified copy of an ID/ birth certificate of your child (within 14 days).
Step 4: Toughees may require the entrant to provide them with additional information and documentation for the purpose of processing, confirming, and facilitating their acceptance and/ or use of the prize.
Step 5: Should the entrant fail to provide the required and additional documentation by the designated deadline, their prize will be forfeited.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TOUGHEES BURSARY
15 February 2024.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary competition, please contact Toughees directly:
Tel: 031 812 3600
Office hours: Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 16:30
View our other bursaries open for application here