Tomorrow Trust Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TOMORROW TRUST
The Tomorrow Trust is a South African non-profit organization, whose mission is to support orphaned and vulnerable children. The Trust aims to help needy students, through education and life skills and thereby empowering them to reach their full potential and become proactive members of society.
The Trust’s programmes include the Holiday and Saturday School Programme for junior (Grade 1 to 7) and senior (Grade 8 to 12) students, the Tertiary Programme which provides bursaries for various degrees studies at various institutions, the Shift Programme which aims to equip students with current skills needed in the workplace, the “I am little wings” Programme which addresses the education and psycho-social gaps in youth from orphaned and vulnerable households, the Stepping Stones Career Programme which aims to assist students with identifying and choosing a career path and lastly, the Alumni Programme which brings together all former Tomorrow Trust beneficiaries.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Tomorrow Trust is inviting Postgraduate students to apply for their bursary programme. Students who are registered and accepted to study towards an Honours Degree, in one of these fields may apply:
- Information Technology
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be registered and accepted to study full time, within one of the aforementioned fields
- Must be registered and accepted to start your first Honours or Postgraduate qualification (NOT Masters or PhD studies)
- Must have completed an undergraduate degree at any of these institutions: the University of the Western Cape, University of Fort Hare, University of Limpopo, University of Venda, University of Zululand, Walter Sisulu University or, Mangosuthu University of Technology
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Tomorrow Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified by a Commissioner of Oath)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Undergraduate tertiary qualification (certified copy)
- Motivational Letter stating the following: why you should be awarded the bursary, why you chose your field of study, as well as your background, your interests and achievements
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificates if deceased)
- Proof of University registration and acceptance (on tertiary letterhead)
- Fee statement from your tertiary institute (on tertiary letterhead)
Please note: all documents must be compressed into 1 document
15 April 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Applications for Undergraduate Degree/ Diploma and Honours Degree will reopen in June 2021.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Tomorrow Trust directly:
Tel: 011 447 7707 (during office hours only)
WhatsApp: 066 115 3891