Theewaterskloof Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – THEEWATERSKLOOF MUNICIPALITY
Theewaterskloof Municipality Bursary South Africa; The Theewaterskloof Municipality is a local municipality within the Overberg District Municipality, situated in the Western Cape province of South Africa.
The Category B Municipality is home to the Theewaterskloof Dam, which provides water to Cape Town and surrounding areas.
The cities and towns within the municipality include: Bot River, Caledon/ Myddleton, Genadendal, Grabouw, Greyton, Riviersonderend, Theewaterskloof and Villiersdorp.
ABOUT THE THEEWATERSKLOOF MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Theewaterskloof Municipality is inviting students residing within the Theewaterskloof Municipal area, to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields (at Undergraduate or Postgraduate level):
- Artisan (including Bricklaying, Carpentry, Electrical, Motor Mechanic, Plastering, Plumbing)
- Engineering (including Civil Engineering, Electricity, Water, Sanitation, etc)
- Financial Management (including Accounting, Economics, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Supply Chain Management)
- Town Planning and Building
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE THEEWATERSKLOOF MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Theewaterskloof Municipality area
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification in one of the fields above, in 2022
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a total household income of NOT more than R10 000 per month
- Students with disabilities and students from designated employment equity groups are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE THEEWATERSKLOOF MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Students may apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Covering letter
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of disability, if applicable (doctors note)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Theewaterskloof Municipality Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
Theewaterskloof Municipal Office
6 Plein Street
(For attention: Mr J Amansure)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE THEEWATERSKLOOF MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Theewaterskloof Municipality directly:
Contact person: Mr J Amansure
Tel: 028 214 3300
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.