Spes Bona Initiative for Medical Education / Vesalius Scholarship 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SPES BONA INITIATIVE FOR MEDICAL EDUCATION
Spes Bona Initiative for Medical Education / Vesalius Scholarship | The Spes Bona Initiative for Medical Education was founded by doctors in South Africa and Belgium, with the aim of improving the terrible living and training conditions of medical students in low and middle-income countries. The organisation was formed in 2020, by 2 non-profit structures in South Africa and Belgium.
ABOUT THE VESALIUS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Spes Bona Initiative for Medical Education is inviting students to apply for the Vesalius Scholarship, for the 2023 academic year.. The scholarship is available to Medical students (3rd to 6th year) in South Africa, of any age and any nationality.
Candidates who are in receipt of other scholarship or bursary awards may apply, however, this must be disclosed when applying.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- Submit regular reports to Spes Bona, as well as a certified copy of your mid-year results and final academic results, and a description of your experience
- Be willing to support future students via Spes Bona programs, after graduation
ABOUT THE VESALIUS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – SELECTION
A selection committee for the award is made up of Belgian and South African citizens, with and without medical backgrounds, who will assess applications through a standardized approach.
Applicants will receive feedback on their application on 15 January 2023.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VESALIUS SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying towards a Medical qualification in South Africa
- You must be in your 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th year of study
- You must have a total household income of NOT more than R350 000 per annum
- You must have demonstrated commitment to altruism, including any of the following: charity work, community projects or academic mentorship
- Students of any age and any nationality may apply
- Students from historically disadvantaged groups (including refugees) are encouraged to apply
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VESALIUS SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the Vesalius Scholarship Application Form 2022 (.docx)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Colour photo (passport sized)
- Curriculum Vitae, with a full academic record
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips or bank statements if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Motivational letter (maximum 1 page) or motivational video (maximum 2 minutes, recommended) to support your application
- Declaration of income and expenses (to be completed on the application form)
- Disclosure/ proof of any other current scholarship or bursary awards
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Vesalius Scholarship Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE VESALIUS SCHOLARSHIP
15 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Spes Bona Initiative for Medical Education directly:
Contact page: http://sbimeov.cluster028.hosting.ovh.net/admin/index.php/en/contact-us/
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme