Southern Farms Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTHERN FARMS
Southern Farms Bursary South Africa | Southern Farms is an export table grape and date farm, located in the Northern Cape province of South Africa. Southern Farms is one of the first table grape producers in Southern Africa and most varieties of grapes are cultivated on the farm.
The farm was formed in 1995, as the first purpose-designed table grape farm on the Orange River. Southern Farms is expected to become one of the biggest plantations for Medjool and Zamli dates in the Southern Hemisphere.
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN FARMS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Southern Farms is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
The Agricultural bursary will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Production & Management
- Food Production Systems
- Plant & Soil Science
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN FARMS BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE AND RENEWAL
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation allowance, meal allowance, and any other expenses at the discretion of the Company.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Southern Farms Bursary.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year and is renewable each year, based on satisfactory academic performance.
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN FARMS BURSARY PROGRAMME – OBLIGATIONS & SELECTION
Bursary recipients will be required to partake in vacation work during the December holidays (grape harvest season), at Southern Farms in the Northern Cape or any affiliated farm.
After graduation, students may be required to work for Southern Farms for an equal duration of the bursary award received.
Successful candidates will be notified in December 2023 or January 2024 – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SOUTHERN FARMS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in South Africa
- You must be between 19 and 25 years old
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged group
- You must have completed the Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards an agricultural qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must have completed your 1st or 2nd year of study
- You must be entering your 2nd or 3rd year of study in 2024
- You must be studying at a recognized and accredited college or university in South Africa
- You must agree to all the terms and conditions of the bursary (on the application form)
- Preference will be given to the following candidates: previously disadvantaged candidates (including black students and persons with disabilities); candidates in financial need and unemployed youth between the ages of 19 and 25 years old
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SOUTHERN FARMS BURSARY
Download and complete the Southern Farms Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Southern Farms Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Driver license, if applicable (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results/ transcripts (on university letterhead)
- Current account statement from institution (on institution letterhead)
- Proof of parents or guardians’ household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Southern Farms Bursary Application 2024” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOUTHERN FARMS BURSARY
8 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this fellowship programme, please contact Southern Farms directly:
Contact person: Enigma Fortuin
Tel: 021 300 4121
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.